cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Claymore

ronjac
Level 7
Contemplating buy the Claymore but before I do, is there any chance of USB3 being added to future models. Just to put icing on the cake.
At the moment I have the Corsair K95 RGB, I'm now on No4, great keyboard it just don't work, keys keep duplicating and this one has just started to do the same. I have to say Corsair customer service is excellent, just a shame the same cannot be said about their products.....Ron.
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Exactly what do you mean USB being added?
If you are referring to them working plugged into a USB 3.0 port you can rest assured they work. I have mine plugged into USB 3.0 as the ports are backwards compatible.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Exactly what do you mean USB being added?
If you are referring to them working plugged into a USB 3.0 port you can rest assured they work. I have mine plugged into USB 3.0 as the ports are backwards compatible.

Sorry, I was referring to extra USB ports on the keyboard, which can come in very handy.

ronjac wrote:
Sorry, I was referring to extra USB ports on the keyboard, which can come in very handy.

I believe you're referring to the USB Passthrough like the R*!@r?

leekimah wrote:
I believe you're referring to the USB Passthrough like the R*!@r?

Must be what I was thinking of, I'm sure I've seen a keyboard with a USB socket for a mouse to connect to. I just thought you could plug any device into it.
Thanks for enlightening me.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I don' see that happening. Different market segment. Matter of fact I dont ever recall seeing a keyboard with USB ports in the mix. I can only speak for myself but that wouldnt be something I would use. Im moving my keyboard around a lot, different positions, sometimes in my lap. My PC sits several feet away so I have a powered 10 port USB 3.0 hub/charging station towards the back of my work space. My monitor has a 4 port hub built in but I don't use it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein