Did you mean: 

Can this PC run this?

natethegreatmat
Level 7
Me and my dad are purchasing an ASUS ROG G11CD and these are the specifications

GTX 1060 6B
6th gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor Core I5 6400 Processor
8GB of RAM

Will this be able to run games such as Arma III, Borderlands 2, Call of Duty and many other high end games WITHOUT overheating or running into any issues like my old PC as this is will be a brand new computer.
10 REPLIES 10

Chino wrote:
At what resolution?

1920x1080 I believe is the monitor that comes with it*

natethegreatmate wrote:
1920x1080 I believe is the monitor that comes with it*

There's no mention of a monitor though. You can definately build your own with the same specifications for a cheaper price.

But with the specifications you mentioned, the PC should have no problem playing the games you listed. Although you might have to go gentle on the eye candy in some high end games.

kkn
Level 14
it will last you a couple of years.
but do remember, IF this is a prebuilt pc, you can not upgrade enny thing inside since its made to fitt the components thats inside it. (just a reminder)
all pc's will get hot unless one keep the filters clean or the CPU cooler un clogged from dust build up, same whit GPU.
there is always things to take in to consideration.
i guess this is a prebuilt pc, witch you will loose warranty if you start opening up the case for things like that. ( just a warning ).

or maby if you and your father have inside on how to build one by your self you "may" save a couple of $ ( just a guess on this ) that is IF you would feel confident to do so.
if so here are ppl who would help and give advice on parts ( depending on how mutch one would like to use on it ) and give advice on how to put together parts.

a custom built pc ( one you build your self ) is easyer to upgrade for example, HDD/SSD or GPU or RAM and you only got warranty on each part in stead of the entire pc it self if you buy parts. ( in case enny thing go bottoms up ) you can just send in for ex, the GPU ( if that part is broken ) or ram.

but like i stated, this is IF you feel confident on building your self. ( just giving an option here )

Thank you for the advice.

This is the PC at hand (http://www.intel.co.uk/buy/uk/en/product/desktop/asus-rog-g11cd-uk040t-27ghz-i5-6400-tower-grey-pc-p...)

Could you tell me what games this PC would be able to run and if its good for the price please?

natethegreatmate wrote:
Thank you for the advice.

This is the PC at hand (http://www.intel.co.uk/buy/uk/en/product/desktop/asus-rog-g11cd-uk040t-27ghz-i5-6400-tower-grey-pc-p...)

Could you tell me what games this PC would be able to run and if its good for the price please?

that pc you listed to, only have intel graphics, not dedicated graphic card.

kkn wrote:
that pc you listed to, only have intel graphics, not dedicated graphic card.

You might have overlooked the GTX 1060 listed in the full specs list.

dryii wrote:
You might have overlooked the GTX 1060 listed in the full specs list.

you right, i did.
not easy when over tired 😛

Eleiyas
Level 10
Arma III, Borderlands 2, Call of Duty.

Which CoD?

My 7 year old custom built PC can play these games on Ultra settings with no issue whatsoever. If you're planning on playing Witcher 3 at 4K however, then no, that PC will not handle it.

Borderlands 2? Arma III? CoD 4/5/6/7/9000? Most certainly.

----------------------

My custom built PC has around the same specs as that unit and cost 1,200 pounds (including monitor) about 7 years ago.

You could build a custom PC with around the same specs. and a much better graphics card for quite a lot less than the G11CD - however, if you know nothing about building PCs and want to be sure of getting a good warranty and a pre-built PC that will last a couple of years, then the G11CD is a good bet.