cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximux IV Extreme-Z memory - Corsair Vengeance 32GB ??

ace_master
Level 7
I'm looking to put some RAM into my new Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Could anyone shed some light on this set, or perhaps suggest something else?
- Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL10 DIMMs (CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10)
10 REPLIES 10

Jerm
Level 7
Looks like a nice kit! I've got the 16GB Blue ones of the same thing and have no issues yet.
It's new, so I haven't tweaked it much yet.
I saw a GSkill 32GB kit as well, but it was rather pricey.
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
ASUS Maximus Extreme Z
i7Core 2600k Sandy Bridge
Swiftech H20-X20 Edge HD
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
(5) 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSDs
Evga GeForce GTX 580
Ultra X4 1600W PSU
Lite On BD Burner
ASUS CD/DVDRW
Creative XFi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ
Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
Logitech G19 Keyboard
Cyborg RAT-9 Mouse

HiVizMan
Level 40
My RAM of choice for the X79 platform has to go to GSkill - loved Corsair for the X58 platform but GSkill is the ram for me at the minute.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Any opinion on G.SKILL Sniper series? The only down side to them is largest stick size I can find is 4GB.

I could likely run on 16GB without a hitch, I just liked the idea of having 32GB (a virtually unlimited supply of memory, lol).

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=452

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=460

😄 😄

More than enough memory there.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I seem to remember reading that the Maximus IV Extreme-Z shouldn't be used with memory over 1.5V.:confused:

1.65 or lower is just dandy.

deltaniner
Level 7
So who has a stable 32gb and what model #?
Again, this is on a Maximus IV Extreme-Z.
The only reason we ask is because the 8gb QVL sucks.

deltaniner
Level 7
BTW, This mobo is Z68, not X79

HiVizMan
Level 40
MIVE-z and either SB or Ivy processor will run any kit of 32GB ram that is designed for the chipset.

Do not worry to much about the ASUS qvl, rather look on the ram makers qvl normally they list motherboards that they have tested on.

If running SB processor, no point in buying ram that is rated at 2400MHz or higher as you will not get them to run at that frequency with SB. If running an Ivy then you will 99% of the time get 2400MHz but no guarantee of anything more than that.