Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

They seem to be instock everywhere I look except the pro requires extra time. If you just bought them maybe it would be a good idea to go ahead and get them replaced if you can. Hopefully it's not your board, because that's where the inventory levels really suck! I had to RMA my board so I'm dead in the water.

ROG Member Array

Thank you all for the input. I've RMA'ed the board as I know for certain that the SSD's are ok. Hopefully they'll send me a new board quickly. I'll let you guys know if the SSD works on the new board.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Good to hear the 960 EVO M.2 ssd works with this board,as I have the 250 GB version ordered.

Looking at the installation guide for M.2 ssd's, it looks like one has to insert the card at an angle, and then bend it down, so one ought not try slide the card in just sideways along side the board surface.

Using Win 10 for gaming ONLY (I have only distrust for Microsoft Corp), I am hoping to only get to use the M.2 device, and avoid mechanical harddrives and even "regular" SSD's. I want the 1TB pro version later, but it is so expensive, that will have to wait.
    Last edited by Decoman; 03-27-2017 at 10:29 AM.

ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

I sincerely wish you luck on RMAing a board! I can't get anything in stock and Newegg wasn't willing to hold one for an RMA when it does. I can't find an ETA anywhere except maybe Fry's, so maybe ask for a refund and do a preorder on Fry's so you're on a list; assuming you might be in the USA.

I put a placeholder on an MSI Titanium board in case the ASUS didn't come back in stock before April 7, but now they've shipped the MSI already. It's not an ASUS, but I guess I'm happy. I wonder if MSI has decent forums and support like ASUS.

New ROGer Array

SLI issues

Quote Originally Posted by gj2211 View Post
    Thank you all for the input. I've RMA'ed the board as I know for certain that the SSD's are ok. Hopefully they'll send me a new board quickly. I'll let you guys know if the SSD works on the new board.

Are you running SLI in your system? If so I may have the same problem as you. I finally got mine up and running after dealing with a Qcode 8 headache, but only one GPU was detected, 960 EVO 500gb was working great. I toyed around and got both cards running, but now my 960 EVO is no longer detected. On Asus's website they say M.2 runs off of SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4. But under Expansion Slots they also say that PCIe can only run at x16 or 2x8, in the Hero VI BIOS it says my cards are running in 2x8 right now. Not leaving any PCIe 3.0 bandwidth for my 960, thus why it's not being detected. Just a theory.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by pankomputerek View Post
    I use the OEM version of this drive (SM961) seems to work perfectly for me.
    Has the M.2 slot been tested? I have put the drive into M.2 on my system and installed windows right on it.
    How can i check the version of my m.2 ?

ROG Member Array

As mentioned, I've decided to RMA the board. I'm from the Netherlands and the retailer I bought the board from had some additional boards in stock. The board was replaced the same day and I've received a new one this morning. After all, I can conclude that the problem was indeed the M.2 slot on the board. I've rebuild the system on the new board and the SSD was recognized in bios immediately. So as someone suggested, running SLI is not a problem. My two GPU's are both running at PCI-e 3.0 8x and the SSD is working fine at PCI-e 3.0 4x.

I'm glad everything is fixed now. Thanks all for the help and support!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I'm sat with a new build still in boxes.... youd think id of jumped at it the minute the last necessary component arrived but I'm feeling a little trepidation to say the least...

I wonder how good my 1800x is... I wonder how good the ram is.... cant wait to run windows 10 from a 1tb m.2 nvme drive aswell.

how are you finding your new cpu gj2211?
    AsusCrosshairVIHero - 2700x@4.30Ghz~1.373v
    32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz + 16gb4266Mhz DDR4@3466mhz
    Titan Xp
    1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
    TTtoughpower1200w80
    Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

ROG Member Array

I had a similar experience. Initially the my 960 EVO was detected in BIOS but it isn't currently. I am not sure when it actually happened and it may be a result of the 1107 beta bios. It works just fine in windows however

ROG Member Array

Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 Works for me

Didn't do anything special, and Windows 10 setup had no issues recognizing it or installing/booting from it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast