cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus IX Extreme!

ottoyu34
Level 9
I think I have just found my new motherboard for my new build, check out this article about the M9E!

Waterblock is made by Bitspower but not sure if it is copper or nickel plated. CPU, VRM, and one M.2 SSD is watercooled. :cool:

Built in leak detection, water temp sensors (in/out), water flow sensor.

Just too many features!

https://rog.asus.com/articles/maximus-motherboards/the-rog-maximus-ix-extreme-motherboard-is-ready-f...

5 REPLIES 5

Bert_G
Level 7
Do you have to use the water block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menthol
Level 14
Without a doubt the most unique motherboard to date, and will make a very fine build, would really like to see the block taken apart to see it's construction and would like to see someone test all the features for controlling and monitoring of temps and flow

Bert G, without some heatsinks for the VRM modules the block will need to be used, but why wouldn't you use the block, it is the star of the show

ottoyu34
Level 9
I was looking at the Asus STRIX Z270 motherboards and planning to go EK mono-block in the future. But that would put the total price very close to what this board should retail.

I *might* grab this for my new build once it's available in Canada and do some videos or write-up for the forum.

Turner1666
Level 7
It can get it on Newegg now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ottoyu34
Level 9
I ordered thru Newegg.com, shipping it north to Canada.

I should have it by the end of the week and start my Kaby Lake build.

Finally an upgrade in 6 years.