cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash problem

Ceo22
Level 7
[EN - Google Translate]
Good, I would like to know if someone can help me with a problem that I have been having ...
Everything started about 5 days ago, everything worked fine, and suddenly I throw a BSOD with the error:
"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)"
It restarts the PC and after no more than 2 minutes, the same error, and so constantly, completely random, sometimes came to start Windows, sometimes not.
I formatted the PC, and the problem continued. But it only happened when updating Windows, that is, if I installed Windows and did not update it, there was no such error, but my PC was freeze every 1 minute (for 30 ... 40 seconds, marking a use of 100% of the disk C .
After researching, a recommendation was to install the AMD AHCI driver drivers, I looked them up, downloaded them and installed them. I was able to update Windows, and stopped freeze and throw the error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)".
But the problem I have now is that it hangs completely the PC at times, and I have to restart it. No BSOD screen strip or anything, just frozen.
Sometimes I can be hours without anything happening, it is very random, for example, I play League Of Legends, I was in game for 40 minutes without problems, I go to dinner, and when I return, when trying in another game, PC. In the Rocket League also sometimes hangs at the start, sometimes in the middle of a game, or sometimes I can be hours playing smoothly.
And if I now try to update Windows to the insider version, during the installation of the update while restarting the PC, I throw the error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)".
Another good thing, very interesting for me, but I do not find out what it can be, is that if I enter the BIOS, and I go to MONITOR> Voltage, it automatically hangs.

My PC:
SO: Windows 10 x64
Mother: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z (BIOS 2201)
Processor: AMD FX-9590
RAM: 1x8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX
Refrigeration: Corsair H80i
GPU: Shappire Radeon R9 Fury X
Disk C: SSD Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB
Disk 😧 WD Black 1TB
PSU: Sentey MBP850-HM

[ES - Native]
Buenas, quisiera saber si alguien puede ayudarme con un problema que vengo teniendo...
Todo comenzó hace unos 5 días aproximadamente, todo funcionaba bien, y de pronto me tira un BSOD con el error:
" DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) "
Se reinicia la PC y al cabo de no más de 2 minutos, el mismo error, y así constantemente, completamente aleatorio, a veces llegaba a iniciar Windows, a veces no.
Formateé la PC, y el problema seguía. Pero solo ocurría al actualizar Windows, es decir, si yo instalaba Windows y no lo actualizaba, no ocurría ese error, pero mi PC se freezeaba cada 1 minuto (durante 30... 40 segundos, marcándome un uso del 100% del disco C.
Luego de investigar, una recomendación era que instale los drivers de controladores AHCI de AMD, los busqué, lo bajé y lo instalé. Pude actualizar Windows, y dejó de freezearse y de tirar el error " DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) ".
Pero el problema que tengo ahora es que se cuelga por completo la PC en algunos momentos, y tengo que reiniciarla. No tira pantalla BSOD ni nada, tan solo queda congelada.
A veces puedo estar horas sin que pase nada, es muy aleatorio, por ejemplo, yo juego al League Of Legends, estuve en partida durante 40 minutos sin problemas, voy a cenar, y cuando regreso, al intentrar en otra partida, se congela la PC. En el Rocket League también a veces se cuelga al inicio, a veces en medio de una partida, o a veces puedo estar horas jugando sin problemas.
Y si ahora intento actualizar Windows a la versión insider, durante la instalación de la actualización mientras se reinicia la PC, me tira el error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) ".
Otro buen dato, muy interesante para mi, pero que no descubro que puede ser, es que si entro a la BIOS, y voy a MONITOR > Voltajes, automaticamente se cuelga.

MI PC:
SO: Windows 10 x64
Mother: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z (BIOS 2201)
Procesador: AMD FX-9590
RAM: 1x8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX
Refrigeración: Corsair H80i
GPU: Shappire Radeon R9 Fury X
Unidad C: SSD Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB
Unidad 😧 WD Black 1TB
Unidad E: WD Blue 1TB
PSU: Sentey MBP850-HM
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
What driver are you using for your SSD? This is your problem. Default drivers native to win 8 and later work perfectly and you will not see any gain using other drivers.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Lord_Chunks1
Level 7
Hello

I Have This issue and fixed it.

Read all (My order of things is not linear.)

F5 Defaults bios

The 220w TDP needs DIGI+ CPU Power Phase TO Be Set To Extreme , CPU Current capabillty Disabled (Which Is Like 150%)

With Out this The Motherboard will not Give 220W Causes Crash. (Don't Change Any Other Digi+ Setting Makes Hotter Or Unstable)

Ram No Higher than 1866 - Makes Unstable Going Higher (Stock Voltage will crash on Higher ram Speed 2133 & 2400)
Cpu/NB - 2200
Ht Link - 2200 Don't Set to 2600 makes fps unstable feel not smooth. (BF!)
Turn Off Turbo Core - Most of FX 9590 Not go over 4.7GHz With out North Pole kinda temps.
Disable Ecc - for server ram

Make Sure Power Saving Things Are Turned off (Makes overclok unstable)
Cool n quiet
C1E
SUm Do as you wish - mine is off i have no virtual machines or bluestack
Hpc Mode off just adds heat for little gain
APM master mode disable.

also turn off
Cpu Spread Spectrum Disable
Pci-e Spread Spectrum Disable
Epu Power saving Mode Disable
Exstream Tweaking Enable - Not a Clue what it dose but sounds cool.

The Cpu Will Now Be Stable with the Stock Voltage 1,5375v llc regular drops down to 1.416v under load still stable.

You Can Set llc UP And lower the Voltage helps with temps abit.
Step One
Set Manual Voltage Mode Leave Auto - Set llc to regular - Save - Boot - Strees test - see what Vcore Drops too. (1.416v) or something.
Step Two
Set the Voltage to what the cpu droped to (CPU Vcore 1.418v ) -set llc to high - Stress Test - Cpu Vcore Drop set llc to ultra high - Vcore Higher than 1.418v lower LLC to Medium.

You may want to set Cpu to 23,5 ,pci-e to 100

Ram Voltage And Timings
Set rated Voltage Mine is 1,65v your may be 1.5v
The 5 Timings for example mine is 9-10-10-25-2t
The Rest you Can leave On auto or Fine Tune And fine all the timings with Adia 64 (Paid SoftWare) that Get you So Far. From (forgot the Timing says 300ns down from that thos timings can be found when reseting the bios as fail safe ram timings load copy them in. (Makes More Stable than Auto RAm Timings As some are 1 -3 point to tight.

If Do right Will run like Rocket smooth solid fram rate (Fast And responsive Feel, Than Stutter Hangs Crashes.

H80i - my max temp guide Cpu Socket 75c will shutoff - cpu core temps 62c - fx 9590 HTC Temperature Limit (TctlMax) 90 °C (194 °F) They thermal throttle and shut off way before that.
will add screen shots bios - mine is auto on cpu/nb - ht mkae sure it's 2200 on both.

That Will Get It Working 99% sure. I Have Done This To quite a few Fx 9590 all Have Same Issuse and were Fixed By Doing This Above.

Bios Settings And Knowing the Cpu likes - 1866 ram cpu/nb 2200 stock ht-link 2200 and turning off any power saving stuff.
Any Thing that will affect the power Delivery - we want stable power draw at one fixed rate. (Power Saving - power Drops we go to playtime and it can't ramp back up faster enough. (SomeSay C6 Is ok Could Try Lower Idle Temps) i keep off.

If that Don;t Work I Reccomend A Slege Hammer :rolleyes: Peace Out

side notes
(PSU 850 is fine -Gpu Peek 425w - cpu 301 ish with llc trick total 726W - 850W Bronze 87% efficecy 850 = 846W HDD max 6.8 Watt so Total 732.8 - ssd max 4.35W - total 737.15w out the 739.5W - H80i 4.32 W Total 741.47 - Ram Unknow took guess KHX1600C10D3B1/8G 2.460W total 743.93w case fans 2-5w each. so i deem your psu OK for the Job with alittle head room 102.07w)

(I ALso Know How to get the lastest lan drivers to install.22.1)