cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board not working with 64gb of ram

Leron
Level 7
Hello, this is my second build, I'm by no means an expert.

I bought these ram sticks G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB DDR4-2133Mhz
Before installing the OS the BIOS was already reading only 32Gb and the windows installation would freeze almost instantly.
After removing 2 sticks everything is working just fine; are there known problems with haviong more than 32gb of ram? Will it be eventually fixed with a bios update? Or is it another issue completely?

I'm running BIOS v. 0902

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

poisson21
Level 7
Hello, personnaly i have also 64 gb of ram (g-skill f4-3200c14gtz) and no problem with it.

poisson21 wrote:
Hello, personnaly i have also 64 gb of ram (g-skill f4-3200c14gtz) and no problem with it.

did you change any particular settings in the bios?

You might want to try manually set the DRAM voltage to its spec'd voltage of 1.35. I've done 8 Ryzen builds now with the CH6 board and I've found setting the spec'd voltage for the ram as soon as I can solves a lot of issues.

If you can get the system to fire with just two sticks to start with to get you into the EFI set the DRAM voltage manually and then put the rest of the ram in you should all going well get a stable boot.

SinartNZ wrote:
You might want to try manually set the DRAM voltage to its spec'd voltage of 1.35. I've done 8 Ryzen builds now with the CH6 board and I've found setting the spec'd voltage for the ram as soon as I can solves a lot of issues.

If you can get the system to fire with just two sticks to start with to get you into the EFI set the DRAM voltage manually and then put the rest of the ram in you should all going well get a stable boot.

I'll try this and let you know, thanks

I can't change the dram voltage from auto to manual, am I missing something?

EDIT: I tested the rams a little more and apparently a stick is broken :<

I had the same issue. Turned out to be bad ram stick.

Eyetrip
Level 7
I stuck in 64gb of HyperX HX430C15PB3K4/64 in my X370 pro.

Had not been going well.
Crosshair VI Hero || 1700 ~4Ghz || Gigabyte GTX 980ti || Superflower 1200W || 64Gb HyperX Preadator 3Ghz || Water cooled || SSD + HDD