cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752 D: drive missing...

liami
Level 7
Dropped a magnet on my GL752's surface to the right of the touchpad. It started making weird clicking noises so I panicked and tried turning off the laptop and removing my hard drive. Fixed the clicking, but now I'm missing my 😧 drive. I understand what I did was not good and I'm kicking myself for it...most of what I lost was just games and work stuff, which is okay because both of those are saved online somewhere and I can just download them again later. I just need the 😧 drive back, how do I do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
9 REPLIES 9

JustinThyme
Level 13
One way to ensure a spinning drive is FUBAR with no chance of recovery is to put a magnet on it.*
Continue to kick yourself in the nads for awhile then order up a new drive. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

liami
Level 7
Where do I buy the new hard drive? I'm looking at amazon for the Asus 1TB hard drive I have in there, but it only brings up laptops themselves

haihane
Level 13
local computer shop.

you can do it old school. take out your old drive, take it with you to a computer shop, show the boss or store dude or girl:
- i want one of this! 1 tb.

heck, you can even take this chance to upgrade yourself to SSD.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

liami
Level 7
1TB SSD?

liami wrote:
1TB SSD?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E1T0B-AM/dp/B00OBRFFAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

You dont want the spinner that comes in their stock.
If you want to go that route just search 2.5 inch hard drive.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_72_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A2.5+inch+hard+drive%2Cp_72%3...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

liami
Level 7
And that'll fit our computers? Are all hard drives roughly the same size? I don't know much about this stuff

liami
Level 7
Oh jeez that's $325

liami
Level 7
I noticed that ssd says it's a 2.5" and hhd's I'm finding are all 3.5". Will 3.5" fit?

Nope it won't and that's not the only dimension, it has a thickness too, so you should really take the drive or the notebook to a store girl. Did you try to repartition/reallocate that nice free space/format? May worth a try, slight chances though.