cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it work??????

mwsBlake
Level 7
Will the G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Desktop Memory Model F4-4000C18D-16GTZR work with the ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151?
14 REPLIES 14

JustinThyme
Level 13
Is it listed on the vendor list?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Nate152
It will work, the Trident Z is notorious for working well with the Maximus boards and the Code supports up to 4133MHz ram.

I have no doubt the Code is capable of running ram at that speed but it's up to the cpu's IMC if it can handle it. You may get lucky and it will work with XMP or you may have to manually set and tune.

So yes with the Code and likely with the cpu too, preferably the i7-7700k as the i7's have a stronger IMC.

Thanks. I selected the i7-7700k as my processor.

Nate152 wrote:
It will work, the Trident Z is notorious for working well with the Maximus boards and the Code supports up to 4133MHz ram.

I have no doubt the Code is capable of running ram at that speed but it's up to the cpu's IMC if it can handle it. You may get lucky and it will work with XMP or you may have to manually set and tune.

So yes with the Code and likely with the cpu too, preferably the i7-7700k as the i7's have a stronger IMC.

As Arnie has suggested, 4000-4133 can be tricky to dial in on 4 DIMM boards, it can be outside of some peoples comfort zone. 3600 is the better choice of kit here.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thanks for all the help guys. It is much appreciated.

im using the 3200 16 gb RGB tridents...

plugged in and worked instantly... gotta turn xmp on for the 3200 tho.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Probably best not to assume plug and play at that frequency...if you know how to tweak RAM then go for it...3600 is a sweeter spot on that platform...just sayin'

I haven't tweaked ram before i always just use the XMP feature. So 3600 is going to be the best then i will get that.