cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the USB ports

Ryzea
Level 7
Hey guys. I received my C6H last friday, and i finally got to complete my build yesterday.
I turned it on, everything was working fine, went to the BIOS, didn't really change anything there, other than boot prio and flashing it to 0902. I started up Windows, and as it went to the "welcome" screen, both mouse and keyboard just switched off. I went on to try every single one of the many USB ports, both the ones on the MB and the front panel ones. I went to get an ancient mouse and keyboard to test, but same result, though i did get some optical light going in the mouse for a short time, around 3-5 seconds. Tried it both in normal Windows and Safe Mode. I took my old Sabertooth i used before and threw everything back on it, to try and see if i had deleted all the old drivers (everything worked again on the Sabertooth). Switched back, and again nothing. I was getting desperate, tried almost every option in the BIOS usb options, tried taking out RAM, removing SATA discs. I was giving up and thought it was time to reinstall, only to find out that on my Windows USB key and also the DVD, the mouse and keyboard doesn't work aswell, so I can't even reinstall!

I am beaten, i've been trying all day yesterday and today fixing it, and i don't know what to do anymore 😞 Im very close just sending it back, and look at some other MB, but i've always had an ASUS board, and so I would be sad if it was about to change 😞

Good weekend to you all
1 REPLY 1

AlexB121
Level 7
i had same issue when using same windows 10 i used on my 970 pro gaming u need to clean boot windows again its a issue with chipset driver i re installed windows last week and no issues at all.....Good Luck