cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install NZXT Kraken X52 on motherboard asus Maximus IX Formula help

IvanCabido
Level 7
Hello, to see if you can help, I have a doubt in the installation of my NZXT Kraken X52, in the instructions says connect in CPU-FAN (I have it connected now so but maybe it works better Fan Xpert 4), on my motherboard Would it be better to connect my NZXT Kraken X52 in AIO-PUMP? How do you connect it?
Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 6 Azul + Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula + Intel Core I7-7700K 4.2GHz + Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming OC 8GB GDDR5 + G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 16GB 2x8GB CL15 + Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 500GB SATA3 + Kingston M.2 SATA SSD 120GB + NZXT Kraken X52 + Corsair RM850i 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular.
6 REPLIES 6

Zka17
Level 16
You have two cables with the Kraken X52 - right? One which connects to the pump and has 3 endings, and one with only one ending.
The three endings on the bigger one are: fan connector (female), power connector (SATA) and mobo connector (3-pin male). Just follow the manual for connections: fans on the radiator to the fan connector, the SATA directly to the PSU and 3-pin to the CPU header. You want to have that on the CPU header, otherwise you will have to de-activate your CPU fan in BIOS.

Don't worry about the power, it only gets/sends signal from/to CPU header, the power will go through the SATA connection. On Kraken, you do not have a dedicated pump header which suppose to go to the board's pump header.

The other cable (which connects to the board's USB2) will control the unit through the NZXT software... both the pump and the fans...

Alternatively you could connect the fans directly to the board (any fan connectors) - then you can use the Fan Expert to control them... but not the pump...

Walter_white
Level 7
IvanCabido wrote:
Hello, to see if you can help, I have a doubt in the installation of my NZXT Kraken X52, in the instructions says connect in CPU-FAN (I have it connected now so but maybe it works better Fan Xpert 4), on my motherboard Would it be better to connect my NZXT Kraken X52 in AIO-PUMP? How do you connect it?

connect my x61 to the aio pump header. Then in bios change cpu low fan speed to ignore so u can boot.

Zka17
Level 16
So, what is difference between connecting the Kraken to CPU or pump header?

Zka17 wrote:
So, what is difference between connecting the Kraken to CPU or pump header?

As far as I know it doesn't make a difference. I've done it on both of my headers. I do know that the aio pump header will be 100 percent all the time, that's why I plug mine into that header.

Thanks Zka17 and WALTER WHITE for responding, I will follow NZXT's instructions to plug in CPU-Fan, I think that when I bring the AIO-Pump connector it would be better to connect it there.

You know if you can turn off the led of the motherboard of Asus Maximus IX Formula when the pc is turned off. The Asus graphics card if it goes off but the motherboard does not ?.
Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 6 Azul + Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula + Intel Core I7-7700K 4.2GHz + Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming OC 8GB GDDR5 + G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 16GB 2x8GB CL15 + Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 500GB SATA3 + Kingston M.2 SATA SSD 120GB + NZXT Kraken X52 + Corsair RM850i 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular.