cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Issues with Alpha Hero VIII

SoyUnaFuente
Level 7
Recently I had some problems with some games freezing expecially gta V on the online counterpart, i believe this is in part a error of the bluetooth driver but im not sure this only started happening when i bought a bluetooth xbone controller i have tried without the controller and games seems to be normal im not sure whats causing it could be the bluetooth antenna or maybe my graphics card im dying is there a way to diagnostic this or has anyone else have similar issues?. Also when the freeze happen the controller loses connection which is why it led me to believe that its a bluetooth issue.

Specs
i7 6700k @4.7ghz
Alpha Hero VIII
Kingston HyperX ddr4 2133mhz
Asus Strix 1080 OC
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
Hi SoyUnaFuente

Try resetting to defaults, I'm leaning towards your 6700k overclock causing the freezing.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi SoyUnaFuente

Try resetting to defaults, I'm leaning towards your 6700k overclock causing the freezing.

I did, played the games with the controller still froze and frames dropped, i was thinking being the bluetooth module because of the lost connection when it happens, i just used intel diagnostic tool and everything passes so im not really sure whats happening, the issues started with this controller it seems.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi SoyUnaFuente

Ok so i started running a aida64 stress test and when i only test the cpu everything is fine and running good, but when i choose to test the gpu the system becomes all laggy could this be a gpu problem?

Nate152
Your gpu could be thermal throttling, how are gpu temps ?

If gpu temps are ok then it seems it's the bluetooth controller, you might want to update to the latest bios and see if that stops the freezing.

Nate152 wrote:
Your gpu could be thermal throttling, how are gpu temps ?

If gpu temps are ok then it seems it's the bluetooth controller, you might want to update to the latest bios and see if that stops the freezing.

Well gpu is sitting between 35-39C at idle with 0db fans and under load i believed it never have exceeded 60C, also i have bios 3201 which i believe are the latest. also one more question that i havent found much about if it turns out to be the bluetooth module which i believe it is i was thinking on upgrading to a IX motherboard is the 6700 compatible with those?

Nate152
Ok yep gpu temp is good.

Yes the 6700 - 6700k is compatible with z270.

I think I would scrap that bluetooth module for now.

Nate152 wrote:
Ok yep gpu temp is good.

Yes the 6700 - 6700k is compatible with z270.

I think I would scrap that bluetooth module for now.

So what should i do, for the moment i will stop using that controller is there anything else i could do or should i get a new motherboard.

Nate152
I can't gaurantee you won't have the same problem with a z270 board.

I would first look for tech support on your bluetooth module.

Nate152 wrote:
I can't gaurantee you won't have the same problem with a z270 board.

I would first look for tech support on your Bluetooth module.

Well i have tried looking for issues on this almost nothing comes up, i have a spare controller which is connected via the wireless receiver to with this one the games doesn't freeze im gonna keep running stress test to see any instability but so far is the bluetooh module but i dont know if it software i reinstalled window and the drivers to no avail. Could be a problem with the board i experienced other issues on the past few months but seems to have resolved themselves via updates.