Did you mean: 

Bug Report ~ Keybot II v1.01.02

rtfmoz
Level 7
Issue Report

Product: Keybot II

Version: 1.01.02

Motherboad: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Specs: See posters computer specs on left of this post.

Fresh install Windows 10 64bit
Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Mouse w/Razer Synapse Software v2.20
Install KeyBot II from ASUS website, not from Motherboard support DVD.

Issue:
Switch ON KeyBot II and mouse now only moves around the edge of the screen.

Workaround
None ~ Uninstall the software.

Motherboard support DVD Issue:
The default ON state of this software when installed from ASUS motherboard support DVD renders the mouse useless. This means new users prepping a system with ASUS supplied Drivers and Utilities end up with a disabled mouse and no way to know which of the 6-7 utilities it just installed broke the mouse. This results in an extremely negative user experience.
1 REPLY 1

noodlemctwoodle
Level 7
I also have an issue with Keybot II v1.01.02

Im on the latest BIOS 0906

When I have Keybot II turned on it breaks Aura Sync on the ROG Claymore. All of the normal shortcut keys, the FN key becomes unresponsive and no longer works. None of the Keybot II keys work at all in S5 and leaves my keyboard with less functionality than it had out of the box.

I have tested all versions of Keybot II available for my motherboard ROG Formula IX and I have upgraded to each latest BIOS in the hope this is just a software issue, no joy.

I have already attempted to raise a support ticket with ASUS via both the online chat and then further by email with a technical engineer. Unfortunately now they have advised they are unable to assist me any further, they have taken all the relevant details and they will now pass this off to ASUS Global. Apparently someone will come back to me if required...... nearly 4 months later, nothing. Not a peep from ASUS and I seriously doubt anyone is looking into the issue of compatibility of ASUS's own software.

As far as I'm concerned ASUS have washed their hands of this issue and my support ticket went into someones deleted items. :mad:

Maybe a forum member has some better suggestions to fix this?