cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g751j keyboard replacement

myth77
Level 8
I have asus g751j that started acting wierd after some watter damage. First some letters wouldnt work like number 2 or escape and after couple of days when i press letter k it would make three letters in a row... and so on... So i figured its better to open it and to see what is hapenning. The problem is that keyboard is attached with plastic small solders to upper part/cover of the laptop. So first i tried to reinstall the flex cable, but that didnt get me anywhere. So i decided to remove the keyboard. In process i had to remove also that small plastic holders that were holding keyboard to that upper case.

As you can see in this picture there are black plastic holders that are holding metal plate, and that metal plate is holding the keyboard 63516

What i am asking if i remove it and buy a new keyboard how can i reinstall those plastic holders? As i closely look they are like soldered to hold the metal plate and keyboard. I have to destroy/remove them to get to the keyboard..but how to solder it back?
The reason why i am asking is i can see on ebay or amazon people are selling only keyboard fo like 25$ or the whole upper case with keyboard for about 80$. So if i figure how to reinstall only a keyboard i would save arround 60$, but the problem is that plastic holders...
Anybody have any advice on how to reinstall them? or any other advice? thank you
3 REPLIES 3

BinHallaf
Level 7
The same problem
I hope to find a solution

OK i found the solution, it is not best in the world but it works....so,you can buy glue gun with black sticks. you can use it to glue back the keyoard. It will not look perfect like in a factory but depending on your skills it will look really good. when the glue dries (in a few seconds) it looks the same as the plastic. And it costs something like 10 $ top. i just finished installing my new keyboard and you cant tell the difference. good luck

Ancients
Level 10
I replaced the keyboard on a friend's GL552 that had the same bits of plastic holding it in. There will be several major attachment points that screws fit through, for the rest I just used electrical tape to keep it secured, and it seems to be working just fine.