cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Skill Ripjaws V (F4-3200C16Q-64GVK) for ASUS X99-PRO??

dantescrak05
Level 7
Regards,

I bought a kit of memories (G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory) F4-3200C16Q-64GVK, and I want to know if it can work on the ASUS X99-Pro, and if I can use the quad channel ?, Do I have to make any modifications?. I wait fast answer.

Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

Zka17
Level 16
Have you checked the QVL for that board? Or the QVL at GSkill? If you have the kit on both of those lists, then you're good to go!
If it is a single kit, then yes, you can use it as quad channel...
What is your CPU?

Zka17 wrote:
Have you checked the QVL for that board? Or the QVL at GSkill? If you have the kit on both of those lists, then you're good to go!
If it is a single kit, then yes, you can use it as quad channel...
What is your CPU?

Is not in the G-Skill QVL. And I have not reviewed the QVL of this forum because I am new I do not know where it is. Is a single memory kit. My CPU is an Intel Core i7-5960X.

Thank you very much for replying so quickly.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232092&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8J...

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
It should work but most probably will required manual tweaking to stabilize memory at that speed.

Or can I lower the speed a little?, So far as I can lower it to be stable for the machine ?. When updating the Bios this will help me?

If I'm going to change voltages and frequencies in when should I leave it ?. Is it necessary to touch the XMP profile?

thanks for helping!!

dantescrak05 wrote:
Or can I lower the speed a little?, So far as I can lower it to be stable for the machine ?. When updating the Bios this will help me?

If I'm going to change voltages and frequencies in when should I leave it ?. Is it necessary to touch the XMP profile?

thanks for helping!!

Does anyone know and can help me if I need to change frequencies and voltages and what values should they have?

Zka17
Level 16
QVL is not on the Forum, but on your board's support page...
I am running a similar kit on my X99, with tighter timings... but then I have a 6900k... - not sure how it is the IMC in the 5960x... Chino?

Chino
Level 15
You can attempt with XMP first. You might get lucky and it works right off the bat. Normally tweaking the System Agent voltage can help stabilize memory on this platform.

Chino wrote:
You can attempt with XMP first. You might get lucky and it works right off the bat. Normall tweaking the System Agent voltage can help stabilize memory on this platform.

And you know which values ​​should I put or leave them by default?

For example, if I am going to modify the voltages I value and I should set the same for the frequencies