cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undervolting g752vm

serBOOM01
Level 7
Hi, will undervolting the gpu be worth it? If so, any guide or tips? Thanks!

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
8 REPLIES 8

serBOOM01
Level 7
serBOOM01 wrote:
Hi, will undervolting the gpu be worth it? If so, any guide or tips? Thanks!

Cpu, sorry [emoji2]

BoutTime01
Level 7
I recently used Intel XTU then changed to ThrottleStop. It lowered my max CPU temps from 99 Deg C to 89 Deg C with no loss in performance. In fact some benchmarks have gone up. ThrottleStop is the better tool. It doesn't look as nice but works better.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

serBOOM01
Level 7
Same g752vm? What undervoltage did you use? Thank you!

serBOOM01 wrote:
Same g752vm? What undervoltage did you use? Thank you!

I use -125mV as it had the highest consistent benchmarks. I have a G752VT with an i7-6700HQ.

BoutTime01 wrote:
I use -125mV as it had the highest consistent benchmarks. I have a G752VT with an i7-6700HQ.

Aha, thank you!

Ancients
Level 10
I got my i7-6700HQ down to a -180mV undervolt with it remaining stable, anything below that became unstable. For now I keep it at -160mV. I saw a noticeable drop in my temps in everything but at idle, with an average of ~5C degrees cooler in most games I would say.

EDIT: As for a guide, I would recommend starting with Intel XTU because it is so easy to use. Go to the Advanced Tuning > All Controls > Core Voltage Offset section and gradually lower your core voltage and stress test it with the normal tasks you do, lowering it again and stress testing it again until you get a crash of some sort, at which point you will have hit your unstable point. Then just make sure you stay a bit above that point to stay safe.

Ancients wrote:
I got my i7-6700HQ down to a -180mV undervolt with it remaining stable, anything below that became unstable. For now I keep it at -160mV. I saw a noticeable drop in my temps in everything but at idle, with an average of ~5C degrees cooler in most games I would say.

EDIT: As for a guide, I would recommend starting with Intel XTU because it is so easy to use. Go to the Advanced Tuning > All Controls > Core Voltage Offset section and gradually lower your core voltage and stress test it with the normal tasks you do, lowering it again and stress testing it again until you get a crash of some sort, at which point you will have hit your unstable point. Then just make sure you stay a bit above that point to stay safe.

Thank you!

Buggsy
Level 7
I do not have the OC edition, nor did I have any heat issues. However, I played a bit with XTU and undervolted mine by 150 mV. I saw about 8C drop in temps under load of the same game. I didn't do any specific stability testing other than to use the utility built into XTU to peg the CPU at 100%. If it ran stable for 10 minutes, I was happy. I also stopped at -150mV because other member saw diminished returns at this point.