cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers stopped working

kwolff7
Level 7
Hi,

I have a ASUS ROG G502VT and the speakers just stopped working. I honestly have no idea what has happened to this. I have reinstalled the audio drivers many times in hopes that this will fix it as well as opening up the laptop to see if for some reason a cable got unplugged somehow - to my knowledge, I don't believe this is the case. Also the audio jack is still working (i.e. I can plug in headphones/speakers and those work just fine)

Does anyone have any ideas that I could try out here? Open to just about anything. I have a warranty, but I would rather fix it myself as I can't exactly part from my computer until around 3 months from now.

I appreciate anything here 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

haihane
Level 13
just doubly making sure, they're not muted or disabled in device manager, are they?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
just doubly making sure, they're not muted or disabled in device manager, are they?

correct they are not disabled in device manager

haihane
Level 13
are they (the sound engine? driver?) properly routed to the correct playing device?

mine's routed to speakers.
example pic below:

just wondering if there's a slight change it got routed to something else without you noticing

haihane wrote:
are they (the sound engine? driver?) properly routed to the correct playing device?

So mine are routed to the speakers. The blanked options are Bluetooth speakers that I'm not using. So it definitely should be giving off some sort of sound. But it's a no go on that.

haihane
Level 13
and no ding no anything at all when you try to play anything? 😞

haihane wrote:
and no ding no anything at all when you try to play anything? 😞

Correct, no ding

Bahz
Level 12
When you go into the speaker properties and go to the advanced tab, do you have both options under Exclusive Mode checked (enabled)? By default they should be so make sure that they're both checked. What is the current sample rate? Default should normally be 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality), did you change your sample rate through Sonic Studio or any other software?

Bahz wrote:
When you go into the speaker properties and go to the advanced tab, do you have both options under Exclusive Mode checked (enabled)? By default they should be so make sure that they're both checked. What is the current sample rate? Default should normally be 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality), did you change your sample rate through Sonic Studio or any other software?

I just checked. The two options are checked and I have the default Studio quality sample rate. The only other software that I control the audio with is the AudioWizard from ROG and Realtek HD Audio Software. The thing is, when you are testing the software (or just playing some music), the bars to the side of the speakers from the pic above (the ones that show the sound levels) are moving and show there should be sound coming out...

Just an update, I looked at my bios just to see if that might be something....it's not. It's fully updated. Version 203