ROG Member Array

Stability Issues With 3rd Party Backplates/Foam Pads

Most of my 08 and 0d Q-code issues seem to be from the HK back plate/foam pad.

I did not get the AM4 BP and pad in my kit and I am using the AM3 back plate and pad.

Instead of torquing down the nuts to the stop I torqued them just enough so that my temps where the same as if I had them torqued all the way down.

I believe that this has relieved some of the pressure off of the MB and has stopped most of my 08 and 0d codes on reboot.

Please let me know your results.

Mel

ROG Member Array

Look at my other thread - most will tell you it's your fault for over tightening LOL

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...d=1#post641093

ROG Member Array

The instructions for the EK state that you must tighten them all the way. They have spring and a set stop.

So how could I be over tightening them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Look at my other thread - most will tell you it's your fault for over tightening LOL

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...d=1#post641093
    Last edited by kildar; 03-28-2017 at 04:29 PM.

ROG Member Array

On another note...

EK uses this same type of set up for Intel motherboards and they do not fail to post.

I have the exact same setup except for the back plate on a Asus Maximus V Extreme and the nuts/lugs are tightened all the way down
    and I've never had a fail to post with it.

So...... it's either the pad being conductive some how or the plate degign on the C6H or the C6H itself has a design flaw.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array MNMadman PC Specs
    MNMadman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R7 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia TITAN Xp Jedi Order Collectors Edition
    MonitorAcer XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 2TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCustom Liquid Cooling Loop
    CasePrimoChill Praxis WetBench White/Black
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard Logitech G Pro
    Mouse Logitech G Pro
    Headset Logitech G633
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

Some people who are using EK blocks are having problems with the center portion of the rubber gasket. If they remove the center portion of the gasket and just use the outer portion, it boots fine. But if they use the full gasket, it doesn't boot. I'm one of those people. However, not all are affected. I'm using the AM4 bracket and backplate and I have it cranked down fully, like the instructions say.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MNMadman View Post
    Some people who are using EK blocks are having problems with the center portion of the rubber gasket. If they remove the center portion of the gasket and just use the outer portion, it boots fine. But if they use the full gasket, it doesn't boot. I'm one of those people. However, not all are affected. I'm using the AM4 bracket and backplate and I have it cranked down fully, like the instructions say.
    Will say this here again (already stated in the other thread someone eagerly linked):

The EK gasket is mildly conductive and ends up shorting some of the board's test points. EK is offering a replacement gasket. If you don't want to wait for a replacement, cover the gasket in non-conductive tape.