cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus IX Hero + 7700K: What can be the lowest adaptive voltage accepted?

mahanddeem
Level 7
Hello,
I am running my 7700K at stock (Synced all cores@4500MHz at turbo).
My CPU can do that with 1.150v at max load.

When I set the adaptive voltage to 1.150v it doesn't take that adaptive voltage, and it again rise to 1.251v in Windows when CPU is under load(possibly because it maybe lower than the VID at that clock?)

How can I know what is the lowest value I can use for adaptive voltage? trial and error?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

CODE_MAXIMUS
Level 11
mahanddeem wrote:
Hello,
I am running my 7700K at stock (Synced all cores@4500MHz at turbo).
My CPU can do that with 1.150v at max load.

When I set the adaptive voltage to 1.150v it doesn't take that adaptive voltage, and it again rise to 1.251v in Windows when CPU is under load(possibly because it maybe lower than the VID at that clock?)

How can I know what is the lowest value I can use for adaptive voltage? trial and error?

Thanks

What do you mean "1.150 @ max load" what is this program you are using for max load? Does it use AVX instructions to really hit your chip hard? What is your LLC at? What is your AVX instructions negative ratio at? Is this 1.150v @ max load meaning when you manually set to 1.150v verse when you set 1.150v as adaptive? Prime95/AIDA and Realbeanchv2.54RC1 use AVX instructions and it can demand more voltage than what you set unless you set your AVX instructions negative ratio to limit max turbo ratio. For instance if you have your core multiplier at 45 for all cores and your AVX neg ratio set as 0 then when you run a stress test that uses AVX instructtions it is going to run all your cores at 4500MHz and because again AVX instructions really put a demand on the chip so your voltage will go past what your voltage is set at. Now if you start adding values to the AVX neg ratio field, it is going to reduce your core limit but ONLY when you run a program that uses AVX instructions, so if you have again all cores synced at 45 (I just want to say core multiplier) Ok so if you have your core multiplier at 45 and you add a value of "1" to the AVX neg ratio then when you load a program that uses AVX instructions your limit on cores will be 4400MHz and therefore your voltage will be less under that load. The more values you start adding to the AVX neg ratio the more you will limit turbo limit at load when running AVX instructions IE; (same instance) if you set 2 as your AVX neg ratio then max core limit will be 4300MHz and even lower voltage at load and don't forget, this is only when you run a program that uses AVX instructions, for everything else your max core limit will still be 4500MHz. Hope this helps.

Nate152
Hi mahanddeem

In the bios below the Adaptive voltage setting is the offset, Intel states the lowest idle voltage is .550v so try a negative offset of -0.100v. This should put your cpu at 1.15v under load and 0.700v at idle.

Click the pic to make it bigger.