Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Awkward Seal Array Klaive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Lightbulb [GL553VD] Gaming - Normal CPU Temperature Range ?

    Hi fellow ROGers,

    I tried to search everywhere for an answer but couldnt find one clear answer.

    I got this Strix GL553VD like a month ago and has been playing without problem ever since. However after checking the CPU temperature using the gaming center software, it says my CPU temperatures are around 72~89 celcius.

    Two games that I checked the temp :

    Blade & Soul (TW) - 72~79 celcius
    Miscreated - 80~89 celcius

    I have yet to check the temp during CS:GO, but these temp are worrying me. I have never had any gaming laptop/pc before with such spec so i wouldn't know what to expect.

    I used the bottom cooling pad by CoolerMaster but it doesnt help as the bottom is cold, but the internals are hot. I just ordered the vent cooler (the one that sucks inside air out/fan the vent) and it'll probably arrive by saturday.

    So, are the temperatures normal or am i in problem?

    Specs :

    RoG Strix GL553VD
    Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 (4GB,128-bit)
    Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz
    8GB RAM
    1TB HDD + 128GB SSD
    (If you need any extra spec infos, do tell me)
    UPDATE : Fixed it. I set my CPU range's min and max to 99% in power options. Apparently if its set to 100% it'll activate Intel Turbo Boost tech and causes the high temp. Now only in the lower 70s, rarely hitting 85+.
    Last edited by Klaive; 04-02-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    Join date : 28/3/2017
    Timezone : GMT+8

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Hello Klaive,

    I have the same issues with my laptop.
    it heats up really quick even if i'm not playing heavy games such us BDO or Blade & Soul ( honestly i didn't try them yet on this pc because of the temperature). It goes up to 70+ degrees on idle sometimes and my CPU goes nuts in temperature. I already disabled all the back ground &fore ground processes to the minimum.
    Anyways, where do i go to change CPU usage? mu ROG Key is not working anymore, so i cannot go there.

    Thank you in advance.

    Olya

  3. #3
    Awkward Seal Array Klaive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Quote Originally Posted by Olya01 View Post
    Hello Klaive,

    I have the same issues with my laptop.
    it heats up really quick even if i'm not playing heavy games such us BDO or Blade & Soul ( honestly i didn't try them yet on this pc because of the temperature). It goes up to 70+ degrees on idle sometimes and my CPU goes nuts in temperature. I already disabled all the back ground &fore ground processes to the minimum.
    Anyways, where do i go to change CPU usage? mu ROG Key is not working anymore, so i cannot go there.

    Thank you in advance.

    Olya
    I changed my CPU usage range in Power Options (Right click on your battery icon).

    Go there and click Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Settings >> Processor Power Management (http://prnt.sc/ervws1).

    I've set the min and max to 99%, as in the image. Goodluck

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Thank you so much. Will try it now.
    Hopefully it works.

    will keep you posted

    Olya

  5. #5
    Awkward Seal Array Klaive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Quote Originally Posted by Olya01 View Post
    Thank you so much. Will try it now.
    Hopefully it works.

    will keep you posted

    Olya
    No problem, Goodluck

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    23

    well... don't worry, it's quite normal, my old g56jr cpu goes up to 92c playin csgo. i'm playin quite a few games for over 2 weeks now plus editing videos. haven't got the time for csgo yet thanks to overwatch. the max cpu temp i get is only 87c

    if u really worry about it try klaive's guide, it can suppress the temp quite abit

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Hello, but disabling the Intel Turbo Boost, the perfomance remain the same, or the CPU is limited? I mean, the Turbo Boost is not essential at times in games?

  8. #8
    Awkward Seal Array Klaive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Quote Originally Posted by terrybear2k View Post
    well... don't worry, it's quite normal, my old g56jr cpu goes up to 92c playin csgo. i'm playin quite a few games for over 2 weeks now plus editing videos. haven't got the time for csgo yet thanks to overwatch. the max cpu temp i get is only 87c

    if u really worry about it try klaive's guide, it can suppress the temp quite abit
    Ahh I see. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by NikoGamerITA View Post
    Hello, but disabling the Intel Turbo Boost, the perfomance remain the same, or the CPU is limited? I mean, the Turbo Boost is not essential at times in games?
    Disabling this doesn't affect my gameplay performance, but it does cool down the temp abit.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Thank you Klavie,
    power option did the trick for me for about few degrees.
    Other than that, simple Tera or even Runscape makes CPU go over 70 and 80+
    BDS and BDO will probably fry it.
    Ordering cooling pad now, unless there is the fix

    PS. ROG key isn't working as well

    Love ,

    Olya

  10. #10
    Awkward Seal Array Klaive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Quote Originally Posted by Olya01 View Post
    Thank you Klavie,
    power option did the trick for me for about few degrees.
    Other than that, simple Tera or even Runscape makes CPU go over 70 and 80+
    BDS and BDO will probably fry it.
    Ordering cooling pad now, unless there is the fix

    PS. ROG key isn't working as well

    Love ,

    Olya
    Glad to hear it works. B&S makes my CPU goes to lower 80s, and some people say its ok, so no worries I guess.

    For your ROG key, do you have the Gaming Center software? Theres also an option to disable the ROG key iirc. So maybe you should try manually run the program and try to enable it?

    Or maybe be the key itself is broken?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •