cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Aura or motherboard issue

SomeT
Level 8
Apologies if I am repeating a thread here but my problem is more specific to the motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO AMD X370 DDR4 S-ATA 600 ATX

Please see the latest post here which explains in the thread as well Aura software issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91747-X370-Pro-prime-Aura-Problems&p=641171#post641171

That aside could this be an hardware/motherboard issue? I mean everything else seems to be working fine I even utilised the overclocking via TPU and its 100% fine except for these two lights on my motherboard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDzqpVv7YsU

(The above video is not of my motherboard but is identical to my motherboard except for the LED's not working)
28 REPLIES 28

SIMONHANDLEY1
Level 7
Good morning, I also have the same problem with my ASUS ROG Crosshair hero VI! I have tried completely removing the program, dis-connecting the power completely (overnight) re-installing the AURA software (4 times) no affect, everything else is OK, just no lights on the motherboard, or on the Wraith spire cooler.

I have not installed the latest BIOS (1002) as I tried the previous release (1001) and it completely crashed my PC and I had to go back to 902 (official release)

I also conclude software or BIOS issue.

I have installed the latest BIOS firmware with no issues other than this perhaps? Yeah has to be BIOS or software I reckon, I reckon software as it did not start to happen until the software crashed.

I had this issue for a few minutes the other day. I un-linked everything it the Aura program (GPU, RAM, MOBO) Turned them all "off" independently (even tho the mobo was off already). Linked them back again, turned it all on, and that fixed the issue. Can't say if it'll fix yours or not, but just figured I would put it here if it helps.

I have the exact same problem:
My leds on the Asus Crosshair VI x370 stay off since one day. Before that event everything worked perfect. The day before I installed led strips and choosed the static color. Now the light are even off when the pc is shutdown. (Since then aura crashed also) I already installed aura many times(deinstalled every folder and cleaned registry, rebooted after each step), cleared cmos, removed battery. I can open Aura after many installations but no setting works, even the default button. The LED strips are still ok and are working properly but with Aura all ROG leds on MB + strips are off. I also tried different bios versions but this does not reset the aura chip. i would be very pleased if there would be a possibility to reset aura with UEFI, why is it not possible?

I also think that the ROG LEDs are not bricked, because it then should have failed during operation.

I dunno whether to be happy or sad people are having the same trouble as me, I mean I don't have a transparent case so its not a big deal anyway, but I could see them if I look in the back or take the case off. I mean more than anything wanted to make sure nothing bigger or worse was going on, but it has to be the AURA software, the AI suite software is not to great either for fan control but am struggling to find a decent alternative that works.

SomeT wrote:
I dunno whether to be happy or sad people are having the same trouble as me, I mean I don't have a transparent case so its not a big deal anyway, but I could see them if I look in the back or take the case off. I mean more than anything wanted to make sure nothing bigger or worse was going on, but it has to be the AURA software, the AI suite software is not to great either for fan control but am struggling to find a decent alternative that works.

Hopefully they get it fixed. Would be very disappointing to send a board to RMA only for LEDS 😉

Yeah hopefully...

I have not installed the latest BIOS (1002) as I tried the previous release (1001) and it completely crashed my PC and I had to go back to 902

Bahz
Level 12
I'm sure our motherboard team is already aware of this issue but I'll pass the information over to them to have them provide an update on this issue.