Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array syldon PC Specs
    syldon PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus crosshair VII
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 F4-4000C18Q-32GTZKW running at 3466 14-14-14-28
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080
    Graphics Card #2MSI 1080
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorAsus PB287Q X 2
    Storage #1480gb M2 samsung m961
    Storage #21tb 850 evo and 2tb 850 evo
    CPU Coolercorsair hydro 110i
    Casegeneric
    Power Supplytitanium 1600w platinum
    Keyboard corsair strafe
    Mouse logitech g700
    Headset logitech g930
    Mouse Pad corsair duo
    OS Windows 10 po
    Network RouterVirgin media super hub 2
    Accessory #1 https://imgur.com/KRQSu70

new bios revisions

Are there any new bios revisions near completion? A lot of us are sitting with very expensive coasters atm.
    Last edited by syldon; 03-29-2017 at 07:42 AM.

ROG Member Array

The same here :-). I hope new BIOS will release soon.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

New BIOSes will be released as and when they are ready. We're working closely with AMD to try and iron out some of the problems. On the memory front, this platform in particular is going to be a work in progress for some time. There will be updates on the way, but I'm expecting baby steps en route to the unattainable ideal.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well you are not waiting for new BIOS-es, actually you are waiting for BUG FIXes. Just as I am.

ROG Enthusiast Array SinartNZ PC Specs
    SinartNZ PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMU16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080Ti Founders Edition
    MonitorAcer X34
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseNZXT H440 Black
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W 80+ Gold Full Modular
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Logitech 633
    OS Windows 10 X64 Pro

This is the main reason my Ryzen rig will not be my daily driver for some time.. my trusty 6700K will do for now, so much quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    New BIOSes will be released as and when they are ready. We're working closely with AMD to try and iron out some of the problems. On the memory front, this platform in particular is going to be a work in progress for some time. There will be updates on the way, but I'm expecting baby steps en route to the unattainable ideal.

ROG Enthusiast Array AndehX PC Specs
    AndehX PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Latitude E6230
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Premier Pack Edition 8192MB
    MonitorDELL S2716DG
    Storage #1Intel 600P 256GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    CaseCorsair Air 540
    Power SupplyEnermax Revolution85+ 850W
    Keyboard Corsair K75 RGB MX Brown
    Mouse Finalmouse 2015 Summer edition
    Headset Audio Technica ATH-AD500X / Astro Mixamp 2016
    Mouse Pad Mionix Sargas 400
    OS Windows 10 64bit

I'm just waiting for the ability to run my memory at 3000mhz without having to reset my cmos every morning.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Yeah, understand the frustration, but some of this stuff may take time. If anything, we once again learn what an early-adopter has to face.

Quote Originally Posted by syldon View Post
    Are there any new bios revisions near completion? A lot of us are sitting with very expensive coasters atm.

What q-code issue are you having? I finally finished up my build this week. Initially, I had major issues and multiple q-codes. I think I was troubleshooting for 24 hours and requested an RMA from newegg. As it usually turns out, after you put in a rma request, the boards work lol Anyhow, the issue that I had was running SLi which oddly booted bios from gpu 1 but populated windows on gpu 2. I'm clueless to what is causing that but I don't want to mess with anything since I got my system running stable at 3.85 Ghz and 2666 mhz ram. I know the guys at ASUS are working with AMD to get things ironed out. This is my first adaptation with a new microarchitecture; It's been frustrating but rewarding at the same time. I can only assume that this is normal with new CPU's. If it's not, I'll say that AMD needed to work closer with MB manufactures to make sure things were all working prior to selling the product to consumers.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array syldon PC Specs
    syldon PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus crosshair VII
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 F4-4000C18Q-32GTZKW running at 3466 14-14-14-28
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080
    Graphics Card #2MSI 1080
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorAsus PB287Q X 2
    Storage #1480gb M2 samsung m961
    Storage #21tb 850 evo and 2tb 850 evo
    CPU Coolercorsair hydro 110i
    Casegeneric
    Power Supplytitanium 1600w platinum
    Keyboard corsair strafe
    Mouse logitech g700
    Headset logitech g930
    Mouse Pad corsair duo
    OS Windows 10 po
    Network RouterVirgin media super hub 2
    Accessory #1 https://imgur.com/KRQSu70

I am stuck on the splash screen - qcode 06. I am 100% convinced my problem is memory. The board flashes, and I have tried all 3 bios revisions back and forth. I have used the bare set up to see if it is down to other components. That is cpu, 1 mem stick and one GPU with no drives attached. I knew getting memory to run at full speed would be an issue, but I never thought that the memory would be so incompatible, that you couldn't get it to run at all.

When I bought the board there was no memory to be had from the qvl list in the UK, so I took the gamble with what I thought would be the most popular brand in the UK. (3200mhx) corsair vengeance DDR4 CMU32GX4M2C3200C16B.

So now I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to buy new memory , because even the qvl stuff is giving issues, that is if you can get it. And a new board could just give the same result.

New ROGer Array

I think the concern is that we are given priority. AMD has been careful to not call out partners but it seems to me that they have had Q1 launch in financials for over a year. Working and demoing hardware since the fall and the ASUS board shown at CES. All in all it seems the platform is not respected and not given the attention it is showing it deserves. Early adopters or not this, this board has a crossfire brand and should be better and we should be getting bios updates more frequently.

Thank you for all your effort, you're welcome this is my second crosshair board.

I have no mem stability issues I followed the QVL. Buggy as hell, multi-boots after shutdown is irritating more than anything. Slow post as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast