cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new bios revisions

syldon
Level 9
Are there any new bios revisions near completion? A lot of us are sitting with very expensive coasters atm.
26 REPLIES 26

nazzario
Level 7
The same here :-). I hope new BIOS will release soon.

Raja
Level 13
New BIOSes will be released as and when they are ready. We're working closely with AMD to try and iron out some of the problems. On the memory front, this platform in particular is going to be a work in progress for some time. There will be updates on the way, but I'm expecting baby steps en route to the unattainable ideal.

Well you are not waiting for new BIOS-es, actually you are waiting for BUG FIXes. Just as I am.

This is the main reason my Ryzen rig will not be my daily driver for some time.. my trusty 6700K will do for now, so much quieter.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
New BIOSes will be released as and when they are ready. We're working closely with AMD to try and iron out some of the problems. On the memory front, this platform in particular is going to be a work in progress for some time. There will be updates on the way, but I'm expecting baby steps en route to the unattainable ideal.

I'm just waiting for the ability to run my memory at 3000mhz without having to reset my cmos every morning.

Raja
Level 13
Yeah, understand the frustration, but some of this stuff may take time. If anything, we once again learn what an early-adopter has to face.

AMNFORGR
Level 7
syldon wrote:
Are there any new bios revisions near completion? A lot of us are sitting with very expensive coasters atm.

What q-code issue are you having? I finally finished up my build this week. Initially, I had major issues and multiple q-codes. I think I was troubleshooting for 24 hours and requested an RMA from newegg. As it usually turns out, after you put in a rma request, the boards work lol Anyhow, the issue that I had was running SLi which oddly booted bios from gpu 1 but populated windows on gpu 2. I'm clueless to what is causing that but I don't want to mess with anything since I got my system running stable at 3.85 Ghz and 2666 mhz ram. I know the guys at ASUS are working with AMD to get things ironed out. This is my first adaptation with a new microarchitecture; It's been frustrating but rewarding at the same time. I can only assume that this is normal with new CPU's. If it's not, I'll say that AMD needed to work closer with MB manufactures to make sure things were all working prior to selling the product to consumers.

I am stuck on the splash screen - qcode 06. I am 100% convinced my problem is memory. The board flashes, and I have tried all 3 bios revisions back and forth. I have used the bare set up to see if it is down to other components. That is cpu, 1 mem stick and one GPU with no drives attached. I knew getting memory to run at full speed would be an issue, but I never thought that the memory would be so incompatible, that you couldn't get it to run at all.

When I bought the board there was no memory to be had from the qvl list in the UK, so I took the gamble with what I thought would be the most popular brand in the UK. (3200mhx) corsair vengeance DDR4 CMU32GX4M2C3200C16B.

So now I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to buy new memory , because even the qvl stuff is giving issues, that is if you can get it. And a new board could just give the same result.

I think the concern is that we are given priority. AMD has been careful to not call out partners but it seems to me that they have had Q1 launch in financials for over a year. Working and demoing hardware since the fall and the ASUS board shown at CES. All in all it seems the platform is not respected and not given the attention it is showing it deserves. Early adopters or not this, this board has a crossfire brand and should be better and we should be getting bios updates more frequently.

Thank you for all your effort, you're welcome this is my second crosshair board.

I have no mem stability issues I followed the QVL. Buggy as hell, multi-boots after shutdown is irritating more than anything. Slow post as well.