cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM memory for z270 Maximus IX Hero

Herrera
Level 7
Hey guys, I just started my build and I am looking for a good reliable memory for my system. I will use an i5 7600K and this rig is going to be used mainly for gaming (maybe VR in the future) and 3D engineering software, nothing too hardcore.
I was looking for high MHz ddr4 but it seems like it needs a lot of tweaking (I am not that smart) and I was looking for a more plug-and-play system.
I found a good price memory (budget is important too) that is not listed under the motherboard QVL list: F4-3000C15D-16GVGB (G-Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHZ 16Gb).
There are other memories listed under the same "series"(F4-3000C15D), but this specific memory is not one of those.
Some questions about it:
Would this be compatible and easy plug-and-play XMP capable memory?
Any other suggestions (other than Corsair LPX)?
2 REPLIES 2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Check on G.Skill website for compatibility....I imagine they have qualified it with X270...

3200mhz is a good speed for performance and plug and play... xmp... no hassles....

EDIT: just looked and G.Skill have it qualified for Maximus IX Hero...

Chino
Level 15
Personally I went with the Corsair Vengeance LPX for the Z270 platform. They're pretty sweet. Unfortunately, DDR4 3000 isn't plug-n-play on all CPUs. If you want the best chance of plug-n-play, try not to stray too far from 2133MHz/2400MHz.