Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by siopoudis View Post
    I'm afraid that's not the case. Simply enabling XMP on default bios settings locks my 7700K to 800MHz. Same if I setup the profile manually. No overclock or any other setting touched. Reverting back to 0801 works fine.

Z270G/i7 7700K/G.Skill 32GB (4x8) Trident-Z RGB 3466Mhz-16-18-38 1.35v
    That sounds as though the current or power is being limited. It would be worth checking the settings before downgrading ... or doing a CMOS reset.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Simply enabling XMP on default bios settings locks my 7700K to 800MHz
    What do you mean by that ^^^? Can not manually raise the CPU frequency in BIOS?
    Have you checked CPU-Z while in OS? What that shows for the CPU speed during idle and during load?

ROG Enthusiast Array I.G.SYME@BTINTERNET.COM PC Specs
    I.G.SYME@BTINTERNET.COM PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Partners Ipad
    MotherboardAsus Z270G Gaming
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3200C16B
    Graphics Card #1NONE
    Graphics Card #2NONE
    Graphics Card #3NONE
    Graphics Card #4NONE
    Sound CardNONE
    MonitorDELL Ultrasharp 30 inches 16/10 ratio
    Storage #11TB Samsung 960 pro M.2 NVME
    Storage #2OCZ Revodrive 512gb 3x2
    CPU CoolerCustom watercooled loop
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 540
    Power SupplySeasonic 400watt Fanless
    Keyboard Cheap Generic Wireless
    Mouse Logitech M705
    Headset Sennheiser PC 8 USB
    Mouse Pad Steel Series cloth
    Headset/Speakers Creative Labs
    OS Windows 10 64bit Home Edition
    Network RouterBT Hub 5

I'm afraid that's not the case. Simply enabling XMP on default bios settings locks my 7700K to 800MHz. Same if I setup the profile manually. No overclock or any other setting touched. Reverting back to 0801 works fine.

Z270G/i7 7700K/G.Skill 32GB (4x8) Trident-Z RGB 3466Mhz-16-18-38 1.35v
    Check out the problems other people have had with 0906 BIOS and you will find it is as flaky as hell. There is another thread somewhere on this forum with all sorts of tales of woe. Suggest you wind back to previous version and wait for more stable BIOS version to come along. I had issues with XMP profile on my Z270G with version 0906 and simply re-installed 0801 to bring things back to life.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    What do you mean by that ^^^? Can not manually raise the CPU frequency in BIOS?
    Have you checked CPU-Z while in OS? What that shows for the CPU speed during idle and during load?
    After clearing the CMOS, the CPU is set to 4.2GHz/4.5GHz boost. In windows everything works ok.
    Went back into the BIOS and simply enabled the XMP profile. Nothing else changed, everything else is set to AUTO. Restart, back into BIOS, CPU shows 800MHz (it would normally show 4.2GHz). In windows, CPU-Z shows 800MHz (8x100), HWInfo the same. Load is stuck at 100%, and the system is horribly slow.
    Isn't it supposed to change states and speed up depending on load? It doesn't.
    Double-checked all settings in the BIOS, everything is at default values, except for the XMP profile (DRAM speed, and timings). Speedstep is enabled.
    If I switch the XMP profile back to automatic, it works ok again. Setting the same settings for the XMP profile (3466-16-18-38 - 1.35v) in Manual mode, I get the same issue. CPU gets stuck at 800MHz!

I reverted back to 0801 and everything works fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2