cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with audio Z270E :(

renatomv10
Level 7
You are experiencing no audio problems with the realtek driver version 6.0.1.7997
The sound sucks.

Video demonstrating the problem.

Is this a common problem?:(

I7-7700K
ROG Strix Z270E
32gb Corsair V. Led
Windows 10 Pro 64
10 REPLIES 10

zer0xp
Level 7
Also having the same problem. Actually came here to post this.

i7-7700k
ROG 270i Strix
16gb Corsair LPX
Windows 10 Pro 64

using the latest realtek driver package from ASUS with the additional software.
Running headphones with no amplification through the front panel, nothing hooked up to rear I/O.

zer0xp wrote:
Also having the same problem. Actually came here to post this.

i7-7700k
ROG 270i Strix
16gb Corsair LPX
Windows 10 Pro 64

using the latest realtek driver package from ASUS with the additional software.
Running headphones with no amplification through the front panel, nothing hooked up to rear I/O.

The front output is with much noise and the sound is increasing and decreasing.

In your Z270I the same thing happens to the VIDEO I posted?

Sorry for not knowing English properly.

Thank you!

I7-7700K
ROG Strix Z270E
32gb Corsair V. Led
Windows 10 Pro 64

i have the same problem on z270 code.... windows reinstall didnt fix it.... dunno what to do

There's another thread with the same issues:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90666-Strix-Z270G-Realtek-S1220A-Audio-Driver-Issues

I opened a ticket with ASUS on this issue and finally got a completely unhelpful response after 25 days asking me to do things I stated I already did. Will be waiting another month for the next response Im guessing.

Ace05pade5
Level 7
renatomv10 wrote:
You are experiencing no audio problems with the realtek driver version 6.0.1.7997
The sound sucks.

Video demonstrating the problem.

Is this a common problem?:(

I7-7700K
ROG Strix Z270E
32gb Corsair V. Led
Windows 10 Pro 64

After many trials and errors, I finally found a solution to the z270e audio issues. There are thousands of people having this issue and I am so glad to say I finally discovered the issue and have a fix. If anybody is still following this thread, I would be more than happy to post screenshots of the fix here on the forums. If you are still following, just post a comment quoting this message and I will post the screen shots and an explanation on how to fix the audio issues. If nobody is following this thread then I will not bother taking the time to do so. Please let me know. Thanks

toronto699
Level 13
please post fix

toronto699 wrote:
please post fix

The problem I discovered is: I believe the realtek audio drivers for the ASUS motherboards are constantly trying to combine the rear speaker outputs and the front headphone outputs. Realtek seems to want them to run at the same time and instead just turns down the rear audio outputs jacks instead of actually muting them when you plug in headphones in the front audio output ports. Here's what I did: I messed around with the settings and found an interesting fix that splits up the two outputs into just rear speakers and front headphones instead of trying to combine them as one audio output.

When you open Realtek HD Audio, you will see this main screen.

In the top right hand corner, there is a cogwheel for options. Click the cogwheel and click on "Option".

After you get into the "Options" menu, there will be a box that says: "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously". Check the box and press"OK" in the bottom right of the menu.

After that, when you return to the main Realtek menu, you should see that you now have settings for both "Speakers" and "HD Audio 2nd Output" (This is what it named them on my pc, the names could be different for you depending on your speakers, headphones, and drivers for your audio devices. You can also see this in effect in the first image of this post.) I can now successfully adjust my volume levels to any value without the popping and crackling sounds. My rear speakers also sound fine now as well.
This is the fix that solved my audio issues with the z270e ASUS motherboard. If it does not work for you the first time, I discovered that you may have to check and uncheck the box and press "OK" again. I simply messed around with the "Options" menu until I found out that it was combining my speakers and headphones as one audio output. If this does not work for you, please let me know and I will work on finding another fix. Thank you and best of luck with this fix.

I had the same problem with audio changing between low and high. I got the ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING and Windows 10 64Bit. After installing the driver version 8090 from the support website (https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/) under audio the problem was solved and i had no further issues with the sound. So maybe this helps someone.

richac
Level 7
I had same issue, I uninstalled all the asus software including ai suite and uninstall realtek and let windows install its own driver. rebooted to safe mode used guru3d DDU tool to clean remove vid driver. installed latest video driver from nvidia unchecking hd audio install. rebooted then installed latest audio drvier from asus site, and no more crackling.

I was already using the latest driver from asus, so maybe windows update sometimes corrupts them. Or maybe sometimes the asus software gets glitched after a while. Not sure. But definitely software issue. For a bit I thought my board was going bad. But I doubt now thats the case.