cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QVL Memory No Go

Upgrade01
Level 7
I was under the impression by buying memory off the QVL that there is a high chance that the memory would work. When I mean "work" I mean run at the rated speed which is 3200mhz. I know Ryzen is new and from my understanding AMD didn't give a lot of manufacturers time to prefect their boards. But when you buy something that ASUS pretty much saying "This memory will work" I become a little disappointed that I spent nearly $200.00 on memory for no reason. So my question, did anyone buy memory off the qvl and are having issues getting it to run at rated speeds? I know this seems like a little bit of a rant but I had to say something. Even with the newest 1002 bios I still can't get it to post at 3200mhz; all the system does is power cycle until it resets.
2 REPLIES 2

Zka17
Level 16
Have you read the very bottom of the QVL list?
That explains why the XMP setting may not work... there is no guaranty for those... it is on your CPU...

danjw
Level 10
Upgrade01 wrote:
I was under the impression by buying memory off the QVL that there is a high chance that the memory would work. When I mean "work" I mean run at the rated speed which is 3200mhz. I know Ryzen is new and from my understanding AMD didn't give a lot of manufacturers time to prefect their boards. But when you buy something that ASUS pretty much saying "This memory will work" I become a little disappointed that I spent nearly $200.00 on memory for no reason. So my question, did anyone buy memory off the qvl and are having issues getting it to run at rated speeds? I know this seems like a little bit of a rant but I had to say something. Even with the newest 1002 bios I still can't get it to post at 3200mhz; all the system does is power cycle until it resets.

From what I have read AMD is targeting a major BIOS update for May. Once AMD sends that to the motherboard manufacturers, they need to fold in their customization. So probably not until May or June for Asus to get theirs out depending when AMD gets them the update.