cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog G701VI (7820HK CPU version) - linux installation - RST driver

xicod
Level 7
Hi,

I just bought this beast and as much as it's fun to game on windows, I need linux too.

When I tried to fire up ubuntu installation (17.04 beta version with 4.10 kernel), it doesn't recognize the nvme drives.

dmesg log says:

Found 2 remapped NVMe devices.
Switch your BIOS from RAID to AHCI mode to use them.

The current state is that I disabled RAID0 and the drives are separate.
In BIOS there is no option to switch to AHCI -- only Intel Premium RST is available.

So .. what are my options here?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

jwalrath
Level 7
So I installed Ubuntu linux but cannot use the internal drives. I bought an external USB3.1 SSD and installed on that and just boot from that. Everything else works flawlessly and fast except no internal drives. I know that is not ideal but has me up and working. I do a lot of GPU/CUDA programming in Linux and this works for me.

-jeff

merocom
Level 7
xicod wrote:
Hi,

I just bought this beast and as much as it's fun to game on windows, I need linux too.

When I tried to fire up ubuntu installation (17.04 beta version with 4.10 kernel), it doesn't recognize the nvme drives.

dmesg log says:

Found 2 remapped NVMe devices.
Switch your BIOS from RAID to AHCI mode to use them.

The current state is that I disabled RAID0 and the drives are separate.
In BIOS there is no option to switch to AHCI -- only Intel Premium RST is available.

So .. what are my options here?

Thanks

Did ou get solution for this issues coz i have same proplem with my lapto ASUS ROG G701VIK