cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIII Formula XMP doesn't work with BIOS 3401

seanbarkley
Level 8
I've updated this morning and the only way for the system to get to windows is without using XMP, si I have to keep my Corsair Dominator Platinum to 2133 mhz:(

Never happened this before, so is there some way to revert this ****ty BIOS to a previous one??

Thanks in advance
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi seanbarkley,

You can revert to an older bios version with the bios flashback feature.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi seanbarkley,

You can revert to an older bios version with the bios flashback feature.

Thanks for the quick answer Nate, is there some tutorial or something, never had any issue so I'm a complete rookie with this.

Is the process dangerous for the mobo? Thanks in advance man.

Nate152
It's not dangerous if you do it right.

You'll need a usb flash drive formatted to .FAT32

Download the bios file from the Asus support center, extract it onto the usb flash drive and rename the bios file to M8F.CAP

Then insert the usb flash drive into the ROG Connect port and press and hold the bios flash back button until it starts to flash then release, when flashing stops start your pc.

Here is a guide you can follow.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

seanbarkley
Level 8
Appreciate ur help a lot Nate, just one question:

When you tell to download the BIOS from Asus center you mean the one I had installed before updating right??

Thanks in advance!

AndyVee
Level 7
seanbarkley wrote:
I've updated this morning and the only way for the system to get to windows is without using XMP, si I have to keep my Corsair Dominator Platinum to 2133 mhz:(

Never happened this before, so is there some way to revert this ****ty BIOS to a previous one??

Thanks in advance

No such issues here , installed this morning on M8F and have Corsair dom ( 2x 8gb ) running XMP ( 3ghz ) , are you running 4 sticks ?

AndyVee wrote:
No such issues here , installed this morning on M8F and have Corsair dom ( 2x 8gb ) running XMP ( 3ghz ) , are you running 4 sticks ?

Yep, 4 x 4

Nate152
Yeah there should be a few different bios versions at the ASUS support center.

Same problem with the logitech keyboard G510 as before with bios version 3201. It is simply not possible to get in the bios after a reboot. F2 nor Del key are responding during POST. reverting back to 2202. Asus get this fixed. I can not believe that you got it to work in version 2202 and 2 versions later this problem surfaces. This problem was already reported months ago. Please fix this.

davidpiot1974
Level 7
Also after that the PC went to sleep modus and wake up, all my drives (SSD and hybrid HDD) where gone. had to reboot before i got them back.
This BIOS version is not OK. Wake up ASUS there is work to be done.