cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 3401 for Maximus VIII Ranger

Quentin79
Level 7
Online on Asus website since last friday. Someone has already tried it? Any improvements on 3201?
5 REPLIES 5

Shenny
Level 11
Installed it yesterday, no issues so far but if there are any bugs, they usually take time to reveal. Fortunately, the improvements in startup times that came with 3201 in my case have been preserved so that's enough for me.

Update was fairly smooth - it took only one restart unlike the the three restarts needed for the previous 3xxx versions that made my hair stand at an end.

I am kind of lazy person and usually enter BIOS only to punch the CPU multiplier for OC so I can't say if there are any noticeable changes in the menus. Kudos to ASUS for the detailed changelog, though:

"1.Improved System Performance
2.Modified OA key function in legacy OS
3.Fixed some PS/2 devices connection issue in win8/win10 when fast startup is enabled
4.Fixed chassis fan’s behavior after wake up from S3
5.Fixed CPU(i3-7350K) ratio item missing issue in SW"

Given the usual 18-month support cycle for BIOS releases which I noticed about the previous chipset generations, I wonder if this is gonna be the last BIOS for the Ranger. Naturally, ASUS have to focus on their new Intel and AMD Mobos now.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
I've run this for some time now. Have not noticed anything different from the last one.

Updated to 3401 from 2202, except for a weird issue with my Soundblaster card everything else seems to be working OK. Probably a windoze 10 issue.
Old overclock and XMP works no problem.

Updated and it OC's fine like the 2202 on my 6700k@4.4. Before when the 3007 and 3201 was release I had to up my adaptive voltage from 1.2 to 1.28 to get 4.4 stable. I ended up going back to 2202. This version 3401 seem to have fix it.

I've updated my Bios yesterday. I had to raise both the VCCIO and VCCSA to 1.15V to get a stable RAM OC @2400 GHz via XMP( using 6700k CPU). Is this ok? Because the voltage seems to be high. Do I have to change something else in order to get lower numbers on both voltages?

EDIT: I have to add that both were running at 1.1V before the bios update.