Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 262
  1. #201
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    There will be a workaround for this. Now that we have a couple of faulty boards back at HQ, one of the team just needs sufficient time to code the update. Will take a bit of time.
    I understand that these things take time, but it's been around 2 months already with no real solution.

    I know that fixing the RGB probably isn't a priority, however the RGB (Aura) was one of the features that made me purchase this board over others.

  2. #202
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Baskura View Post
    I understand that these things take time, but it's been around 2 months already with no real solution.
    Took time to get the boards back here from willing customers. Soon as there's time, someone will be on it.

  3. #203
    ROG Enthusiast Array Johan45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    57

    I did try the newest release of Aura and it seems to be working, only thing is it can't seem to make the colour red on the peripherals. The board turns red and will hold a solid colour now.

  4. #204
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    49

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Took time to get the boards back here from willing customers. Soon as there's time, someone will be on it.
    Can you give us a time window, how long it will approximately take?*

  5. #205
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    261

    Okay, well, I don't accept ASUS explanation that now that they have boards donated by clear-eyed, noble users they can now diagnose the problem.

    First off, it's not that hard to make it happen. Lots of us have caused them to fail with no training or expertise in creating the failure.

    Furthermore, I've talked to and read about LOTS of folks who have returned or RMA'd their boards for this problem. I will say this very loud: THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY COULDN'T HAVE WORKED ON THIS ALL ALONG. They likely have quite a pile of bad boards accumulating from returns at this point.

    Sorry, ASUS, and Raja you are a likeable guy: but your explanation doesn't hold water and it stinks like poop. Stop making excuses and buying time and just fix the dang thing.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

  6. #206
    ROG Enthusiast Array Chadd74 PC Specs
    Chadd74 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600X
    Memory (part number)G Skill Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1None worth mentioning ATM
    MonitorAgain none worth mentioning
    Storage #1250GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU Cooler250GB HDD
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Desk PC in the works)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850X
    Keyboard Some generic POS
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad not sure, REALLY old but comfy
    Headset/Speakers Old Creative speakers
    OS Windows 10 64
    Network RouterPOS Netgear
    Accessory #1 Vera Lite
    Accessory #2 Control4 HC-800

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    28

    So thats why the gave me a new board. They kept mine for testing. All good, glad it can assist in the search for the cure. Now to keep quiet that part of me that really really wants to try out Aura on my new board lol. The lights are blinking away now, how long will it last?

  7. #207
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by entropic-remnants View Post
    Okay, well, I don't accept ASUS explanation that now that they have boards donated by clear-eyed, noble users they can now diagnose the problem.

    First off, it's not that hard to make it happen. Lots of us have caused them to fail with no training or expertise in creating the failure.

    Furthermore, I've talked to and read about LOTS of folks who have returned or RMA'd their boards for this problem. I will say this very loud: THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY COULDN'T HAVE WORKED ON THIS ALL ALONG. They likely have quite a pile of bad boards accumulating from returns at this point.

    Sorry, ASUS, and Raja you are a likeable guy: but your explanation doesn't hold water and it stinks like poop. Stop making excuses and buying time and just fix the dang thing.

    I was the person that arranged the swaps and had boards shipped back to HQ (where I'm currently working from), so, I'm well aware of the time things took. Thanks!

  8. #208
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    261

    Fair enough -- but for every sarcastic and funny post I do, there are seriously angry people (which I'm not) out there and they are getting even more torqued. I don't know how you guys got yourselves into this situation, but I hope you get out of it -- and fix my board too, lol.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

  9. #209
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by entropic-remnants View Post
    Fair enough -- but for every sarcastic and funny post I do, there are seriously angry people (which I'm not) out there and they are getting even more torqued. I don't know how you guys got yourselves into this situation, but I hope you get out of it -- and fix my board too, lol.
    There will be a workaround. Once it's ready, Elmor will post it.

  10. #210
    ROG Member Array FredFlint PC Specs
    FredFlint PC Specs
    MotherboardC6H
    Processor1800X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200MHz C14D
    Graphics Card #1FuryX
    Storage #1Samsung SM951 256GB
    CPU CoolerH100i V2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - Silver
    Power SupplyEVGA 650W G2
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 700

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    21

    I will be amazed if the lights on mine come back, I think they are dead and gone. At some point I am going to have to pull the PC apart and RMA the thing.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •