Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Here are a few things everyone can try doing, please let us know if it helped turn back on the LEDs for you.
    1. Turn off system, drain power and reboot
    2. Make sure that there is no LightingService process in task manager. If there is, kill it
    3. Uninstall Aura through Control Panel
    4. Make sure once again that there is no LightingService process in task manager.
    5. Reinstall 1.04.42. The install process and Aura UI can take a few minutes to appear

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Here are a few things everyone can try doing, please let us know if it helped turn back on the LEDs for you.
    2. Make sure that there is no LightingService process in task manager. If there is, kill it
    4. Make sure once again that there is no LightingService process in task manager.
    5. Reinstall 1.04.42. The install process and Aura UI can take a few minutes to appear
    Doesn't work for me.

RAM RGB is still working fine (G. Skill), but motherboard RGB is still dead.

Tried all of the above, tried reinstalling Windows, tried pretty much everything I can find and nothing has brought it back.

Until .42 of Aura, the RAM RGB was also dead, however .42 resurrected it, the motherboard however is a different story.

EDIT: May I add that the new 1401 Bios didn't fix anything either.
    Last edited by Baskura; 06-13-2017 at 07:17 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array dAlexis PC Specs
    dAlexis PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI (X370)
    Processor1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK64GX4M4A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1RX Vega 64
    Sound CardSB ZxR
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseObsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAX 1500
    Keyboard Roccat Talk FX
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Roccat XTD Analog 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Baskura View Post
    Doesn't work for me.

RAM RGB is still working fine (G. Skill), but motherboard RGB is still dead.

Tried all of the above, tried reinstalling Windows, tried pretty much everything I can find and nothing has brought it back.

Until .42 of Aura, the RAM RGB was also dead, however .42 resurrected it, the motherboard however is a different story.

EDIT: May I add that the new 1401 Bios didn't fix anything either.
    Reinstall Windows just 4 AURA! Was doing this 1 time in 5-6 years. Migration to other disk - yes, more frequent, but no complete reinstall. Only after Ryzen. AURA is not a great pity 4 me, the system is stable now, only Creative DTS encoder sometimes switched off. Control panel, 2 clicks, and it's on

By the way, BIOS 1401!? Where? Nothing on Russian download page...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dAlexis View Post
    Reinstall Windows just 4 AURA! Was doing this 1 time in 5-6 years. Migration to other disk - yes, more frequent, but no complete reinstall. Only after Ryzen. AURA is not a great pity 4 me, the system is stable now, only Creative DTS encoder sometimes switched off. Control panel, 2 clicks, and it's on

By the way, BIOS 1401!? Where? Nothing on Russian download page...
    Elmor from Asus posted here:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/r...#post_26158916

ROG Enthusiast Array

For me it does not work too, unfortunately. I think we need a new bios, which updates the LED driver! (it is still the first version, even at bios 1401)
    Last edited by Giga522; 06-13-2017 at 10:59 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I did everything and I got an instan aura crash when I tried to open it.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

The responses lately from ASUS/Bahz feel more like "stalling" than "solutions"... sorry, just how it feels when a high-dollar, premium motherboard from a respected firm has such a problem and they can't tell us what it is, but just keep offering, "try this and see if it works". What they should be saying is: "Do this and it WILL work."

Still very unimpressed and regretting not perhaps making a different choice for less money.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

There will be a workaround for this. Now that we have a couple of faulty boards back at HQ, one of the team just needs sufficient time to code the update. Will take a bit of time.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    There will be a workaround for this. Now that we have a couple of faulty boards back at HQ, one of the team just needs sufficient time to code the update. Will take a bit of time.
    No, BS, Raja: are you very sure you can fix this? For real? If so, worth waiting for -- but if you don't then your organizations credibility is damaged further.

To paraphrase and old saying: "Don't make promises your hardware can't keep." -- lol
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

ROG Member Array DanniV8 PC Specs
    DanniV8 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG Strix 15.6" GL553V
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3216
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX1080
    Sound CardBuilt in
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster P2450
    Storage #1250GB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 ssd
    Storage #2500gb Samsung 840 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H75
    CaseThermaltake Chaser A31
    Power SupplyCorsair AX750
    Keyboard Logitech G15 Gen. 2
    Mouse Logitech G402
    Headset Sennheiser G4ME ONE
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

My RGB leds died two days ago. Only worked on the ROG Strix graphics card.

I went to the bios, changed the RGB setting from Enabled to Disabled in sleep/hibernation mode. Then saved and rebooted. Went back to the bios immediately and enabled it again in sleep mode.

Nothing happened at first so I just stopped thinking about it since I didn't really get the board for the RGB, for me it was more like an added bonus.

Then I noticed the RGB's came back on either when it went to sleep mode for the first time since I changed the settings, or after it woke up from sleep mode. Now they all work again but I haven't launched Aura yet to see if they stay on. I want to update the Bios and Aura program first.

Didn't read through 20 pages to see if this method has been tried, but it's worth a shot if your RGB's are dead to try this.

I don't have RGB memory or cpu cooler, only GPU and motherboard.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast