Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

No Lights Too

My LED lights are also out. They worked for the first two days that I had the board.

Here's some info of when they stopped working. I had turned off the power supply switch, to rearrange the LED strip cables. I had it off for maybe 30 minutes. When I turned the PSU back on, the first thing I noticed was the ROG LEDs were off. I then powered on the computer and all of the LED lights stayed off. My initial thought was maybe the LED header was shorted out, because I had rearranged the strips. It's also possible that leaving the PSU off had reset the Aura chip and caused it to become unresponsive. Regardless, it's been almost three weeks and the lights are still out. I have tried all of the recommendations in this forum. I uninstalled the Aura software, cleared out the leftovers in the registry and deleted the Aura Programs Folder. I also tried the X99 Aura software, but none of them worked. Lastly, I made sure the BIOS setting for ROG was set to enabled.

I really love the Crosshair VI. Everything else has been working great. I have never had issues with ASUS boards in the past. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a patch will become available soon that will turn the lights back on. Otherwise, I will need to RMA the board, if it's not patched in the next 10 days.

I attached a couple of photos from when the LEDs did work. The computer looked beautiful.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CH6-Blue.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	64068

Name:	CH6-Orange.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	64069

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    My LED lights are also out. They worked for the first two days that I had the board.

Here's some info of when they stopped working. I had turned off the power supply switch, to rearrange the LED strip cables. I had it off for maybe 30 minutes. When I turned the PSU back on, the first thing I noticed was the ROG LEDs were off. I then powered on the computer and all of the LED lights stayed off. My initial thought was maybe the LED header was shorted out, because I had rearranged the strips. It's also possible that leaving the PSU off had reset the Aura chip and caused it to become unresponsive. Regardless, it's been almost three weeks and the lights are still out. I have tried all of the recommendations in this forum. I uninstalled the Aura software, cleared out the leftovers in the registry and deleted the Aura Programs Folder. I also tried the X99 Aura software, but none of them worked. Lastly, I made sure the BIOS setting for ROG was set to enabled.

I really love the Crosshair VI. Everything else has been working great. I have never had issues with ASUS boards in the past. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a patch will become available soon that will turn the lights back on. Otherwise, I will need to RMA the board, if it's not patched in the next 10 days.

I attached a couple of photos from when the LEDs did work. The computer looked beautiful.

Name:	CH6-Blue.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	64068

Name:	CH6-Orange.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	64069
    Exact same problem. I am also waiting for a new software. During April should be a new version released. You did the same what I did. I do not think that this is a hardware failure. My strips are also still working with max. 1A but with Aura *all leds off. Overcurrent is not the problem. Everything else is just working fine.*
    Last edited by Giga522; 04-19-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Ex-employee Array

So I want to confirm with everyone here, that the issue only occurred after updating from BIOS version 0902 to 1002?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MrPhil17 PC Specs
    MrPhil17 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2014
    MotherboardAsus Maximus IV Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 2600k
    Memory (part number)F3-14900CL9Q-16GBSR
    Graphics Card #1nVidia GeForce GTX 580
    Sound CardIntegrated
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    OS Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    So I want to confirm with everyone here, that the issue only occurred after updating from BIOS version 0902 to 1002?
    No Bahz, my issue is started after i used aura software. With 1002 bios everything worked good, even with my replacement...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    For me it happened with Bios 0902. *Afterwards I upgraded. Aura was installed, which crashed after this event

MrPhil17 PC Specs
    Sound CardIntegrated
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    OS Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post

My exactly process. Used Aura program > turned off power supply > turn on again > all leds f####d up

Ex-employee Array

Thanks for the responses guys, we're working hard on a solution for this.

MrPhil17 PC Specs
    Sound CardIntegrated
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    OS Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Like i said to Bahz via PM, my setup with both C6H need 2 tries before start ONLY on cold boots (with cold boot i mean after turning on PSU switch) because i use a 3200MHz setup (BIOS screenshots if needed). Anyway right now i'm using my current C6H with 0082 BIOS.

If some Asus guy tell me to send to them the C6H with the issue for understand what happened i would have done it, but now it has been shipped back to Amazon... I'm sorry but i don't remember the serial number...

If you send me a C6H (because i don't want trouble with Amazon since my current C6H works flawlessly, sgrat sgrat) i'll try to replicate the issue and ship it back with the issue.
    Last edited by MrPhil17; 04-19-2017 at 09:32 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Maybe this problem has to do something with the power of the system. *I want to ask everybody, who remember the situation of loosing lights. Have you shut down the pc + removed the power from the pc?*

After using my pc, i completely removed the power. (cold boot)
    Last edited by Giga522; 04-19-2017 at 05:47 PM.

ROG Member Array Spec-Chum PC Specs
    Spec-Chum PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Fury Tri-X 4096 cores unlocked
    Sound CardRealtek/ASUS S1220A
    MonitorAcer XR341CK
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #22 x 525Gb Crucial MX300 SSD RAID0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i AIO
    CaseThermaltake Core X31 RGB
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 850W G2
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset SoundMagic HP200 (Music) / UE6000 (Movies / Games)
    Mouse Pad Magic Eagle
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer C9
    Accessory #1 PS4 Controller v2 :)
    Accessory #2 Very comfy Vertagear chair

Quote Originally Posted by Giga522 View Post
    Maybe this problem has to do something with the power of the system. *I want to ask everybody, who remember the situation of loosing lights. Have you shut down the pc + removed the power from the pc?*

After using my pc, i completely removed the power. (cold boot)
    Nope, I just updated to 1002 and no lights since. PC was never unplugged going from lights working to lights gone.

However, I do recall an issue I had on the previous BIOS in that the lights stopped working when the PC was off, even though that functionality was still enabled in BIOS.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast