cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VSK Minidisplay port to displayport no signal problem!!!!

Juliohar
Level 7
Hello!

I am really annoying with my new laptop because I have many problems with the Mini DisplayPort to display port.
Sometimes I want to use my external monitor (aoc g2460pqu) with my laptop but it doesnt recognized the external display. I have to connect and disconnect the power plug of my monitor many time to fix the problem but is random.. could be at the first try or could be at the 100th try.
This problem is weird because I can use my laptop through hdmi without any problem. Also I've already tried to connect my monitor with my MacBook Pro and it doesn't have any problem. So I can discard any issue with minidisplayport output of my laptop because I can fix the problem connecting and disconnecting my monitor and also it is not a problem of the cable or the monitor because I can use it with my MacBook pro without any problem.
I'm thinking that the problem is the driver of the gtx1070 and also could be any problem with windows10 firmware. Btw, everything is updated in my laptop.*

My gl502vsk specs:
- 2.8ghz i7-7700hq
- gtx1070
- 16 RAM
- 256nmve ssd + 1000hdd.

If someone have the same problem or has already fixed it just *let me know .

Good vibes for everybody! **
12 REPLIES 12

dust999
Level 7
My laptop doesn't saw mini dsipaly and hdmi port. I'm update Nvidea driver and now all work fine.

gl502vsk
Level 7
Juliohar wrote:
Hello!

I am really annoying with my new laptop because I have many problems with the Mini DisplayPort to display port.
Sometimes I want to use my external monitor (aoc g2460pqu) with my laptop but it doesnt recognized the external display. I have to connect and disconnect the power plug of my monitor many time to fix the problem but is random.. could be at the first try or could be at the 100th try.
This problem is weird because I can use my laptop through hdmi without any problem. Also I've already tried to connect my monitor with my MacBook Pro and it doesn't have any problem. So I can discard any issue with minidisplayport output of my laptop because I can fix the problem connecting and disconnecting my monitor and also it is not a problem of the cable or the monitor because I can use it with my MacBook pro without any problem.
I'm thinking that the problem is the driver of the gtx1070 and also could be any problem with windows10 firmware. Btw, everything is updated in my laptop.*

My gl502vsk specs:
- 2.8ghz i7-7700hq
- gtx1070
- 16 RAM
- 256nmve ssd + 1000hdd.

If someone have the same problem or has already fixed it just *let me know .

Good vibes for everybody! **

I have a gl502vsk and I have the exact same issue!!!

I have updated the bios.
Installed new NVIDIA driver.
Mini DP doesn't work at all.

I used a mini DP to hdmi adapter, mini DP 1.2 to HDMI 1.4, mini DP 1.4 to hdmi 2.0, mini DP to vga, and mini DP to dvi, none of them work. Second monitor is a HP 27vc, first is a HP 27 vx, identical except one is silver and the other is black.

They both work fine on the gl502vsk's hdmi port. Someone please help!!!!!!

What are the specs of this port? 1.2? Asus doesn't provide details

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Try this: https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

Thanks for trying, says its only for "add in cards" aka desktop when I run it. 😞

I wonder if anyone's mini DP works on a gl502vsk???

gl502vsk wrote:
Thanks for trying, says its only for "add in cards" aka desktop when I run it. 😞

I wonder if anyone's mini DP works on a gl502vsk???

I would test it but I don't have an external minidp display.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
I would test it but I don't have an external minidp display.

Do you happen to own a miniDP to dvi, vga or hdmi adapter you could test it with? I tried all three, including 4 different miniDP to hdmi adapters and 6 different HDMI cables. All these pieces of hardware work fine on my other comps EXCEPT the minidp 1.4 to hdmi 2.0 adapter, which is too new for my other hardware.

I am at a loss!!!!

It has got to be a windows 10/ nivida issue! I'd love to see another gl502vsk to see if it can output through miniDP!

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Try this: https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

I signed in* just to thank you : it worked for me !
Not that I had no signal, but I always had to disconnect and reconnect the cable when PC was going on sleep mode (home) or external screen was gone after a few minutes (office).

* (but what a nightmare to get logged in here!)

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
I'll see if I can find a minidp to hdmi adapter.