cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G73JH RBBX05 error 15 minutes after getting it.... I am furious

Retired
Not applicable
I get the boot sound and the boot screen and 2 seconds later i get Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or instert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.... i need help please! I just bought it after waiting for a month to buy it... i need help

i have tried switching the hard drive slots , removing adding ram still nothing.... FACK

Even used my old hard drive and nothing i did choose boot device and i can still boot into BIOS and change stuff

Weep...
9 REPLIES 9

V2-V3
Level 8
Mark,
If you have an operating system install disk available? Windows XP,Vista , or 7, will work. load off the disk untill you get to the HDD selection menu, can you tell me if it lists any hard drives to install to?

At fist I though your HDD was not imaged with an operating system or the drive has failed. but if your using your old HDD amusing it has an operating system on it and the drive was selected as primary boot. The notebook should at lest show a boot loading screen.

Retired
Not applicable
I solved the probelem installed windows using the key apparently my retailer didnt include an operating system even though it was advertised as it had it... sad? Also i have a Seagate Momentus.. is that normal? Isnt this better?

Also Thanks for your support!

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Mark. Glad to hear you're up and running with your G73. I'm following in your footsteps, also ordered one from Cowboom. How did you deal with the install of the drivers after installing the OS? I don't believe the Asus partition with the drivers is still intact with the Cowboom laptops. Did you go to the Asus website to download or do something else? Thanks ahead of time for your or anyone's help.

Retired
Not applicable
dlai wrote:
Hi Mark. Glad to hear you're up and running with your G73. I'm following in your footsteps, also ordered one from Cowboom. How did you deal with the install of the drivers after installing the OS? I don't believe the Asus partition with the drivers is still intact with the Cowboom laptops. Did you go to the Asus website to download or do something else? Thanks ahead of time for your or anyone's help.

Yeah awesome dude! How did your system arrive? No scratches? I had nothing it was brand new... Yeah about the drivers download them off the ASUS website or you can download the Driver disc from the internet just google g73jh driver disc and find the download. The cowboom laptops are all wiped clean.

Retired
Not applicable
Just ordered a day ago but noticed it said pickup instead of shipped! I'm going to call them on Mon and see if they can ship since I don't want to drive hundreds of miles to get it. That said, I got lucky, it was $807.99 when I ordered mine, so who knows how it will look when if/when I get it, LOL!!! Probably has huge dents on it!

Retired
Not applicable
ALso as a side note even though it says 7-10 days its actually just UPS ground... i know right?

Retired
Not applicable
Hmmm one thing since you paid less for your system u'll probably have some scuffs and scratches i bought the 830$ one because i read thier policy and it was free shipping! Yeah i live in Sacramento, California took 2 days to get it here super fast... the box was used before though... i hope you'll have a good one! They included the wrong manual... lol.. i just got ONE GSOD Grey Screen of Death ONE MORE and ill update my vbios and also the screen isnt very pristine! I can see the refection and see little tiny streaks... anyways i hope you get a good one! I bought the 830$ and sold out in 2 hours1

Retired
Not applicable
I saw the $829 one but saw the $807 one and went with that. In hindsight, I should have went with the $829 one like you with the free sihpping. They charged me $6.95 for shipping which is weird since it saids pickup on my confirmation. I live in South San Francisco, so the time should be like yours if I can talk them into shipping it. It's a crap shoot as they say with these refurbs. On the GSOD, I think the flash to the vbios should take care of that if all my research is right. I'll probaly upgrade my screen to full FHD down the road so I guess for me, if the screen is so so, I'm willing to overlook that for now. I'll post up with whatever happens when I talk to them on Mon. Enjoy your G73 this weekend!

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah i think you should have too! I researched and researched even more i LOVE the keyboard just i have to get used to the layout because its a tad bit different than my old one. I have one really annoying thing about the keyboard every time i press A it squeaks.... super annoying! AAAAAAAA SQUEAK. And yeah i know about the gsod it hasnt happend other than that one. And thanks dude i am enjoying it! BTW oily fingerprints are almost impossible to get off lol... BTW FHD 1920X makes your GPU slower because of the higher res and personally i dont notice a difference of FHD and HD... right now i am running this baby on my lap! Doesnt get hot AT ALL...