cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better fan control software?

SomeT
Level 8
Anyone know of any better fan control software? I am currently using AI Suite III I have determined its bugged software, opened my case and checked the fans are moving with the software and they don't but they do when I alter settings on the BIOS.

Have tried a few different software already but none of them pick up my CPU fan?
6 REPLIES 6

dirtyred
Level 7
You could try SpeedFan but it's a bit time consuming to set it up. Also for my mainboard the CPU temperature readings were off by 15 degrees (but with AI Suite 3 and BIOS as well, around 10 degrees). I used HWiNFO to get the proper readings and figure out how much do I have to offset.

Setting it up is not hard but check some tutorials as for new users can be pretty confusing. But once properly configured you can link any temperature sensor to any fan which is great. In some cases my GPU heats up while the CPU doesn't. Using AI Suite 3 the case fans would not spin up but with SpeedFan you can link GPU temperature to any case fan.

I tried speedfan already and it only gave me GPU settings to alter.

saulscmit
Level 7
Speedfan doesn't work with newer motherboards (Skylake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake & AM4 chipset boards).If you're using Broadwell/-E or Haswell or AM3+ (why would you still be on Vishera/Bulldozer though?) then I'd suggest just using the BIOs or some hardware controller.

I've had the same issue recently and after putting Maglev's in my case it'd be nice to get some decent curves on them. BIOs is best solution I found..otherwise speed fan would be perfect

hom3gr0wn
Level 7
I use fan expert, it works great havent had any issues at all, Did you run the fan tuning? I know when windows put out that stupid patch it broke ai suite but it's working great now after the fix so maybe you need to do a clean install on ai suite?

Zeroed85
Level 8
SomeT wrote:
Anyone know of any better fan control software? I am currently using AI Suite III I have determined its bugged software, opened my case and checked the fans are moving with the software and they don't but they do when I alter settings on the BIOS.

Have tried a few different software already but none of them pick up my CPU fan?

What motherboard do you have? The Bios fan control on Asus boards is very effective if you have the advanced control and doesn't require any software.

mikex999
Level 7
+1 asus ai suite loose everytime my fan configuration and I have to re claibrate everithing everytime I boot my pc. I just unistall this crap software and let bios control it. so bad from asus