cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram ddr4 configurations in Asus x99-pro BIOS. help

dantescrak05
Level 7
Hello guys I have some doubts regarding the values that should carry my memories in the bios, I communicate with G.Skill support and they gave me some values and I have managed to put some but there is one in particular that I can not find that is the CL Timing.

I also want to know if those are the minimum values for my ram configuration or can I upload a little more?

These are the data they gave me in G.Skill

DRAM Frequency = 2666MHz
DRAM Voltage = 1.20V
CL Timing = 15-15-15-35
Command Rate = 2

The machine I have is:

-Asus X99-pro 3.1
-Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E / EP
-G.SKILL RIPJAWS V (F4-3200C16Q-64GVK) 1 kit - 4 modules

I leave some captures to show what I have done.

Here adjust the DRAM Frequency

Here adjust the DRAM Voltage

Here adjust the Command Rate

But the CL Timing does not know where to adjust it, since there are many options

I also want to know if those are the minimum values for my ram configuration or can I upload a little more?

If anyone can help me please I would greatly appreciate it.
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hi dantescrak05

In your screenshots above the command rate are the primary timings which is the CL you are referring to.

Above the command rate start at the very top enter in (where it says auto)

command rate 2

Nate152 wrote:
Hi dantescrak05

In your screenshots above the command rate are the primary timings which is the CL you are referring to.

Above the command rate start at the very top enter in (where it says auto)

command rate 2

hi Nate152

Is this how it should be?

Nate152 wrote:
Yes, you got it ! 🙂

Thank you very much, I owe you one. 😄

Taking advantage that you have experience. With that hardware configuration could raise a little more the frequency, voltage, etc.?

Nate152
You could set the Dram voltage to 1.35v and see how much more Frequency you can get, you should easily hit 3000MHz.

Nate152 wrote:
You could set the Dram voltage to 1.35v and see how much more Frequency you can get, you should easily hit 3000MHz.

Adjusting DRAM Frequency to 3000MHz and DRAM Voltage to 1.35v. How would you adjust the CL Timing and Command Rate?

Nate152
I would let the timings be, if you can get command rate to 1 that's good then see how much more frequency you can get.

Nate152 wrote:
I would let the timings be, if you can get command rate to 1 that's good then see how much more frequency you can get.

Hi
Does not work at 3000MHz and DRAM Voltage to 1.35v, the system will not boot.

dantescrak05 wrote:
Hi
Does not work at 3000MHz and DRAM Voltage to 1.35v, the system will not boot.

How did these people do?