cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Does anyone here answer?) ROG STRIX Z270e Gaming Motherboard RGB Problems.

EricGarcia
Level 7
I have a problem with my motherboard's RGB lighting it only powers on when I turn my pc off. When I boot my pc it turns off but Dram, VGA, and Corsair H100i all lights up. I have contacted ASUS 4 times already with no resolution to my problem. I tried everything online I found to no avail. Clearing Cmos, Running as admin the Aura.exe. Nothing turns my RGB lights on except when it's powered off than it turns on. Help Me plz! First ROG motherboard. Feeling a little dissapointed.

Specs Asus ROG Strix Z270e gaming Motherboard
I-5 7600K defualt settings in Bios
Trident Z RGB ram 16GB
ROG Strix 1060 6GB
Evga Supernova 650w G3 PSU
Corsair H100i
This is my pc powered off RGB light stays on.
This is my pc powered on and as you see as soon as i press the power button the RGB on motherboard turns off immediately.
As you see the Aura software doesn't show my motherboard. Help plz it's one of the main reasons i bought this motherboard and my first ROG motherboard.
5 REPLIES 5

sunxy0617
Level 7
Exactly same problem I am experiencing now. Still waiting technical team's reply.
My system:
I-7 7700K defualt settings in Bios
Trident Z RGB ram 32GB
Evga Supernova 750w P2 PSU
Corsair H115i
Radeon HD7850 (waiting Strix 1080ti)

Sorry to hear that. I am also wating for a reply from the support team.

I_G_SYME
Level 7
EricGarcia wrote:
I have a problem with my motherboard's RGB lighting it only powers on when I turn my pc off. When I boot my pc it turns off but Dram, VGA, and Corsair H100i all lights up. I have contacted ASUS 4 times already with no resolution to my problem. I tried everything online I found to no avail. Clearing Cmos, Running as admin the Aura.exe. Nothing turns my RGB lights on except when it's powered off than it turns on. Help Me plz! First ROG motherboard. Feeling a little dissapointed.

I-5 7600K defualt settings in Bios
Trident Z RGB ram 16GB
ROG Strix 1060 6GB
Evga Supernova 650w G3 PSU
Corsair H100i
This is my pc powered off RGB light stays on.
This is my pc powered on and as you see as soon as i press the power button the RGB on motherboard turns off immediately.
As you see the Aura software doesn't show my motherboard. Help plz it's one of the main reasons i bought this motherboard and my first ROG motherboard.

This is a pretty obvious and perhaps cheeky reply but....... are you sure that you have it enabled properly in BIOS? On my Z270G you can have various states of RGB goodness and yours sounds like it may be switched to only show when on sleep or standby. Can it be as simple as that? Check up the options and see what happens when you change the state of play......

I have sleep and standby disabled in bios. Forgot to mention ERP is also disabled.

Well after a whole month of going back and forth on phone and live chat. They finally told me that they think its hardware issue to RMA the motherboard. Which I knew it was from the beginning. Luckily I had time to RMA back to Newegg before my 30 days ended because Asus told me they would fix my motherboard not send me a new one and that Newegg will send me a new one so I should RMA with them. So sent it today hopefully next one wont have no issues. Well gl to all those having same issue. They will give you the biggest run around I seen to tell you motherboard is defective.:mad: