Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array rrrrramos PC Specs
    rrrrramos PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Code
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700K @ 4.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)16 GB Corsair Vengeance LED
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1070
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1128GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD
    Storage #2240GB Mushkin SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CasePhanteks P400S TGE
    Power SupplyNZXT HAL850
    Keyboard Razer Blackwindow
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Prisim v3
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS WIndows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    ROG Spatha multitude of issues

    I purchased a Spatha at the beginning of February, and while it had it's little quirks (losing wireless connection unless I unplugged and replugged the receiver, various small Armoury issues) for the most part it worked just fine and got the job done. Flash forward to today, I turned my PC on and the mouse while in wireless mode does nothing. Put it on the receiver to see if it just needed to be charged even though I'd turned it off when I shut down the PC. Nothing. Tried every method I've seen posted and some that I'd had luck with in the past to no avail. It currently works as a basic mouse with left and right click and scroll wheel, but the scrolling is now inverted. Here's what I'm experiencing, in list form:

    No wireless mode.
    LEDs on mouse do not illuminate.
    Mouse does not charge when placed on receiver.
    Will not pair wirelessly using the buttons or left click method.
    Works when in wired mode.
    Scroll wheel is inverted, I never made such a change.
    Upon opening ROG Armoury, immediately updates firmware. Once complete, Armoury states no ROG devices connected.


    I've tried multiple methods to remedy this, including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers & software, testing on a different device (problem persisted), and the usual simple fix of unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in. I'm at a loss right now for what it could be. This mouse is only 2 months old and cost $150, I shouldn't be having these kinds of problems with it. The kicker is that I'm stuck using my old mouse right now, a 6 year old "other brand" gaming mouse that cost me $30.
    Can any body help me figure this out??

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array Severan PC Specs
    Severan PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Toshiba l500 ut1
    MotherboardAsus maximus VIII hero
    ProcessorIntel i5 6600k
    Memory (part number)G. Skill Ripjaws 16 gig @3000mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080ti OC
    MonitorASUS MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 500Gigs
    Storage #2Generic 250 gigs HDD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master 280 Master Liquid
    CaseCooler Master 590 III
    Power SupplyTacens Valeo 800
    Keyboard Generic crap
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Seinnheiser HD555
    Mouse Pad Crap
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterASUS AC RT68U
    Accessory #1 Blue Yeti
    Accessory #2 Xbox 360 Gamepad

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    43

    Likewise friend, lots of issues and quite similar to yours and I also had the issue with the drivers that you explained.
    Try this, reboot to safe mod, run something like revo uninstaller, and remove completely the drivers. reboot normally with the dock pluged in and the mouse plugged in to another USB port, so have both connect. Then try to reinstall the software.
    At the second time it worked, but still was sketchy as all hell... These hardware companies really blow everything when they make software.
    Should take notes from Cooler Master. If you don't know how to code software, bake it in the hardware via firmware. It always works and no issues with OS changes...

  3. #3
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrrramos View Post
    I purchased a Spatha at the beginning of February, and while it had it's little quirks (losing wireless connection unless I unplugged and replugged the receiver, various small Armoury issues) for the most part it worked just fine and got the job done. Flash forward to today, I turned my PC on and the mouse while in wireless mode does nothing. Put it on the receiver to see if it just needed to be charged even though I'd turned it off when I shut down the PC. Nothing. Tried every method I've seen posted and some that I'd had luck with in the past to no avail. It currently works as a basic mouse with left and right click and scroll wheel, but the scrolling is now inverted. Here's what I'm experiencing, in list form:

    No wireless mode.
    LEDs on mouse do not illuminate.
    Mouse does not charge when placed on receiver.
    Will not pair wirelessly using the buttons or left click method.
    Works when in wired mode.
    Scroll wheel is inverted, I never made such a change.
    Upon opening ROG Armoury, immediately updates firmware. Once complete, Armoury states no ROG devices connected.


    I've tried multiple methods to remedy this, including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers & software, testing on a different device (problem persisted), and the usual simple fix of unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in. I'm at a loss right now for what it could be. This mouse is only 2 months old and cost $150, I shouldn't be having these kinds of problems with it. The kicker is that I'm stuck using my old mouse right now, a 6 year old "other brand" gaming mouse that cost me $30.
    Can any body help me figure this out??
    I've PM'd you, please have a look. Thanks.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array Twisted8ight PC Specs
    Twisted8ight PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5930K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M4A2800C16R
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Matrix Platinum GTX 980
    Sound CardOn-board
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Corsair MP500 M.2 NVMe 240 GB
    Storage #2Raid 0 SSD x Raid 0 SSD x Raid 10 HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT Extreme
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset Astro A40
    Mouse Pad Steelseries XXL
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Accessory #1 Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro, PCIe

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Yeah, I have the exact same issue as OP.

    Was there a solution to this?

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array rrrrramos PC Specs
    rrrrramos PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Code
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700K @ 4.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)16 GB Corsair Vengeance LED
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1070
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1128GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD
    Storage #2240GB Mushkin SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CasePhanteks P400S TGE
    Power SupplyNZXT HAL850
    Keyboard Razer Blackwindow
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Prisim v3
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS WIndows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Funny thing, I randomly plugged the mouse in last night after 2 months of it not working. It asked to install new firmware, I guess they pushed a new one out because it actually updated the firmware on the mouse and it's been working fine and charging without a problem since last night. Though I did lose all my saved profiles.
    I'd suggest plugging it in, wired mode, and opening up Armoury. Update the firmware and hope for the best.
    Also, I was PM'd a link to a beta firmware about a month ago, I'm thinking that's the new firmware that is being pushed out now. I'm unsure though because I'd given up on the mouse at that point and hadn't checked this forum since a couple days after posting this topic.

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array Twisted8ight PC Specs
    Twisted8ight PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5930K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M4A2800C16R
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Matrix Platinum GTX 980
    Sound CardOn-board
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Corsair MP500 M.2 NVMe 240 GB
    Storage #2Raid 0 SSD x Raid 0 SSD x Raid 10 HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT Extreme
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset Astro A40
    Mouse Pad Steelseries XXL
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Accessory #1 Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro, PCIe

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    This actually happened to me just last night.

    Had downloaded a game from steam the night before and felt like I needed a few key-binds on my mouse, come yesterday I opened Armoury. It tells me that I need to update the firmware. A few seconds later, my mouse doesn't work.

    I've deleted drivers. Re-installed ROG Armoury, tried installing the firmware multiple times. Changed USB ports for good measure. No dice.

    Another thing I've noticed now is that the mouse cursor all of a sudden just takes off on its own, giving me no precision at all.
    I have to say I *really* feel like this *should not* be a problem I should be having given the price of this hardware. This really annoys me.

    First incompatibilities with Razer Synapse, now this...
    Two months you waited. Damn dude... I think I would've flipped tf out. I might even.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array Twisted8ight PC Specs
    Twisted8ight PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5930K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M4A2800C16R
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Matrix Platinum GTX 980
    Sound CardOn-board
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Corsair MP500 M.2 NVMe 240 GB
    Storage #2Raid 0 SSD x Raid 0 SSD x Raid 10 HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT Extreme
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset Astro A40
    Mouse Pad Steelseries XXL
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Accessory #1 Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro, PCIe

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted8ight View Post
    This actually happened to me just last night.

    Had downloaded a game from steam the night before and felt like I needed a few key-binds on my mouse, come yesterday I opened Armoury. It tells me that I need to update the firmware. A few seconds later, my mouse doesn't work.

    I've deleted drivers. Re-installed ROG Armoury, tried installing the firmware multiple times. Changed USB ports for good measure. No dice.

    Another thing I've noticed now is that the mouse cursor all of a sudden just takes off on its own, giving me no precision at all.
    I have to say I *really* feel like this *should not* be a problem I should be having given the price of this hardware. This really annoys me.

    First incompatibilities with Razer Synapse, now this...
    Two months you waited. Damn dude... I think I would've flipped tf out. I might even.
    Wow, I just retried it since you said it started working again. And look at that. It works! I think magic.
    What I did was unplug and plug the mouse back in to a different USB port on my MB to get the firmware prompt and it just worked this time for some reason.

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array rrrrramos PC Specs
    rrrrramos PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Code
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700K @ 4.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)16 GB Corsair Vengeance LED
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1070
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1128GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD
    Storage #2240GB Mushkin SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CasePhanteks P400S TGE
    Power SupplyNZXT HAL850
    Keyboard Razer Blackwindow
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Prisim v3
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS WIndows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Glad to hear it worked for you man!

    Yeah, I mean it wasn't horrible I did have a mouse to use and had sort of given up hope on the Spatha ever working. I only plugged it in honestly to feel the difference in control from my Razer Deathadder, as simple point and click w/ the Spatha still worked the whole time. It was a pleasant surprise, and I'm hopeful it persists!
    Last edited by rrrrramos; 06-03-2017 at 01:00 PM.

  9. #9
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted8ight View Post
    Yeah, I have the exact same issue as OP.

    Was there a solution to this?
    Sent you a PM, please check inbox.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Exclamation New Firmware Screwed Up My Mouse

    I'd caution against updating to the latest firmware.

    A few days ago, I updated the ROG Armoury software from Version 1.01.19 to Version 1.01.34 and it gave me the option to upgrade the mouse firmware, which I did.
    Since then, my left mouse button intermittently double clicks whenever I single click. I am sure it is not a hardware problem as this issue only surfaced as soon as I upgraded the mouse's firmware.
    I tried rolling back Armoury to v10119, uninstalling and reinstalling it several times (with reboots) to no avail. It's got to be the firmware. It occurs in both wireless and wired modes, with and without Armoury installed.

    I've been tearing my hair out to fix this.
    Does anyone know a way of rolling back the firmware in the mouse itself?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •