cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha multitude of issues

rrrrramos
Level 7
I purchased a Spatha at the beginning of February, and while it had it's little quirks (losing wireless connection unless I unplugged and replugged the receiver, various small Armoury issues) for the most part it worked just fine and got the job done. Flash forward to today, I turned my PC on and the mouse while in wireless mode does nothing. Put it on the receiver to see if it just needed to be charged even though I'd turned it off when I shut down the PC. Nothing. Tried every method I've seen posted and some that I'd had luck with in the past to no avail. It currently works as a basic mouse with left and right click and scroll wheel, but the scrolling is now inverted. Here's what I'm experiencing, in list form:

No wireless mode.
LEDs on mouse do not illuminate.
Mouse does not charge when placed on receiver.
Will not pair wirelessly using the buttons or left click method.
Works when in wired mode.
Scroll wheel is inverted, I never made such a change.
Upon opening ROG Armoury, immediately updates firmware. Once complete, Armoury states no ROG devices connected.

I've tried multiple methods to remedy this, including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers & software, testing on a different device (problem persisted), and the usual simple fix of unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in. I'm at a loss right now for what it could be. This mouse is only 2 months old and cost $150, I shouldn't be having these kinds of problems with it. The kicker is that I'm stuck using my old mouse right now, a 6 year old "other brand" gaming mouse that cost me $30.
Can any body help me figure this out??
21 REPLIES 21

Severan
Level 8
Likewise friend, lots of issues and quite similar to yours and I also had the issue with the drivers that you explained.
Try this, reboot to safe mod, run something like revo uninstaller, and remove completely the drivers. reboot normally with the dock pluged in and the mouse plugged in to another USB port, so have both connect. Then try to reinstall the software.
At the second time it worked, but still was sketchy as all hell... These hardware companies really blow everything when they make software.
Should take notes from Cooler Master. If you don't know how to code software, bake it in the hardware via firmware. It always works and no issues with OS changes...

Bahz
Level 12
rrrrramos wrote:
I purchased a Spatha at the beginning of February, and while it had it's little quirks (losing wireless connection unless I unplugged and replugged the receiver, various small Armoury issues) for the most part it worked just fine and got the job done. Flash forward to today, I turned my PC on and the mouse while in wireless mode does nothing. Put it on the receiver to see if it just needed to be charged even though I'd turned it off when I shut down the PC. Nothing. Tried every method I've seen posted and some that I'd had luck with in the past to no avail. It currently works as a basic mouse with left and right click and scroll wheel, but the scrolling is now inverted. Here's what I'm experiencing, in list form:

No wireless mode.
LEDs on mouse do not illuminate.
Mouse does not charge when placed on receiver.
Will not pair wirelessly using the buttons or left click method.
Works when in wired mode.
Scroll wheel is inverted, I never made such a change.
Upon opening ROG Armoury, immediately updates firmware. Once complete, Armoury states no ROG devices connected.

I've tried multiple methods to remedy this, including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers & software, testing on a different device (problem persisted), and the usual simple fix of unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in. I'm at a loss right now for what it could be. This mouse is only 2 months old and cost $150, I shouldn't be having these kinds of problems with it. The kicker is that I'm stuck using my old mouse right now, a 6 year old "other brand" gaming mouse that cost me $30.
Can any body help me figure this out??

I've PM'd you, please have a look. Thanks.

Yeah, I have the exact same issue as OP.

Was there a solution to this?

Funny thing, I randomly plugged the mouse in last night after 2 months of it not working. It asked to install new firmware, I guess they pushed a new one out because it actually updated the firmware on the mouse and it's been working fine and charging without a problem since last night. Though I did lose all my saved profiles.
I'd suggest plugging it in, wired mode, and opening up Armoury. Update the firmware and hope for the best.
Also, I was PM'd a link to a beta firmware about a month ago, I'm thinking that's the new firmware that is being pushed out now. I'm unsure though because I'd given up on the mouse at that point and hadn't checked this forum since a couple days after posting this topic.

This actually happened to me just last night.

Had downloaded a game from steam the night before and felt like I needed a few key-binds on my mouse, come yesterday I opened Armoury. It tells me that I need to update the firmware. A few seconds later, my mouse doesn't work.

I've deleted drivers. Re-installed ROG Armoury, tried installing the firmware multiple times. Changed USB ports for good measure. No dice.

Another thing I've noticed now is that the mouse cursor all of a sudden just takes off on its own, giving me no precision at all.
I have to say I *really* feel like this *should not* be a problem I should be having given the price of this hardware. This really annoys me.

First incompatibilities with Razer Synapse, now this...
Two months you waited. Damn dude... I think I would've flipped tf out. I might even.

Twisted8ight wrote:
This actually happened to me just last night.

Had downloaded a game from steam the night before and felt like I needed a few key-binds on my mouse, come yesterday I opened Armoury. It tells me that I need to update the firmware. A few seconds later, my mouse doesn't work.

I've deleted drivers. Re-installed ROG Armoury, tried installing the firmware multiple times. Changed USB ports for good measure. No dice.

Another thing I've noticed now is that the mouse cursor all of a sudden just takes off on its own, giving me no precision at all.
I have to say I *really* feel like this *should not* be a problem I should be having given the price of this hardware. This really annoys me.

First incompatibilities with Razer Synapse, now this...
Two months you waited. Damn dude... I think I would've flipped tf out. I might even.

Wow, I just retried it since you said it started working again. And look at that. It works! I think magic.
What I did was unplug and plug the mouse back in to a different USB port on my MB to get the firmware prompt and it just worked this time for some reason.

Glad to hear it worked for you man!

Yeah, I mean it wasn't horrible I did have a mouse to use and had sort of given up hope on the Spatha ever working. I only plugged it in honestly to feel the difference in control from my Razer Deathadder, as simple point and click w/ the Spatha still worked the whole time. It was a pleasant surprise, and I'm hopeful it persists!

Twisted8ight wrote:
Yeah, I have the exact same issue as OP.

Was there a solution to this?

Sent you a PM, please check inbox.

I'd caution against updating to the latest firmware.

A few days ago, I updated the ROG Armoury software from Version 1.01.19 to Version 1.01.34 and it gave me the option to upgrade the mouse firmware, which I did.
Since then, my left mouse button intermittently double clicks whenever I single click. I am sure it is not a hardware problem as this issue only surfaced as soon as I upgraded the mouse's firmware.
I tried rolling back Armoury to v10119, uninstalling and reinstalling it several times (with reboots) to no avail. It's got to be the firmware. It occurs in both wireless and wired modes, with and without Armoury installed.

I've been tearing my hair out to fix this. :mad:
Does anyone know a way of rolling back the firmware in the mouse itself?