cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula OC Turbo Ratio SOS!

JekyJaw
Level 7
Hello everyone!

There is probably already been such question but it seems that I cannot find any answer on the web.

I'm trying to OC my i7 3770k on Maximus V Formua board but following all guides on forums I am getting stuck at the point of "Turbo Ratio field". It does not exist on my latest Bios version 1903. Before I try to downgrade it, any suggestions, assistance on this case?

If I use Turbo Evo software or in bios settings to overclock it just sets CPU 3.9Ghz and does not allow to manually change anything.

P.S. This is how it is supposed to be but those options are not there: https://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/6-multiplier-to-47-copy-1000x750.jpg

Thank you in advance for you help!
11 REPLIES 11

Zka17
Level 16
Can you post a picture of your BIOS? Let's see how it looks...

Here it is ...

Zka17
Level 16
LOL... that's strange, indeed... maybe something went wrong with the BIOS flash...
I am wondering how did you do the BIOS upgrade? Did you do the USB flash method? Or you did from the OS?

That's a thing I received it as it is.. I will try to downgrade or re-flash bios and see what happens.. I found one post on the forum from some dude and he had same issue, but he had a chance to return and the other one sold it to someone.

I hope that moba will not give me any more troubles during a bios flash..

Chino
Level 15

FOLLOW UP:

As you can see I followed suggestion (thank you) to use USB FLASHBACK to 1604 version older one and it really did not change anything at all, unfortunately.. 😞

At first when it happen I thought there might be some jumper or switch that disables those options but apparently it is not.. or may be i am wrong.:confused:

Any other suggestions?

Zka17
Level 16
At this point I would just get a new BIOS chip...

I ordered a bios chip and it seems that they are being sold so many these days.. last one out of 20 from one seller.. and there is another seller with last chip as well available... are they really that fragile?

Might as well check other solutions and see if they would help..

Anyone knows if AFUWIN supports this particular moba's?
FOLLOW UP:

AFUWIN works but it doesn't touch ME area consist of 4-5 blocks of 32kb in the bios.
My best guess is that Asus provides ME Updating Tool for this moba that allows to update to version 8.1.2.1318 which apparently gives opportunity it to work properly in Win 8.1, but my best guess during that update something went wrong and it either corrupted or disabled those options in bios. I tried to find older version of ME but Intel removed or moved it. Its n/a.

Any one who haven't done that Updated could you guys tell me what was the original version of ME in your BIOS? Please and thank you.