cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ez plug 2 for memory

deangelo
Level 7
Should i use the extra power or is it needed to run my memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL at xmp 1866 speed stable?
8 REPLIES 8

MeanMachine
Level 13
The EZ plug on the MB is used for Multiple GPU setups and not memory.
On some MBs there is also a 4 pin socket which is used to assist the CPU when OCing.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

deangelo
Level 7
Kinda confused i was reading online that there's a 4 pin connector on the board next to the ez connect that supplies power to memory if needed! ?*

deangelo
Level 7
Just having random bsod's and its not alot just here and there running my memory in xmp mode and wondered if that was the issue or needing more power but probably got some wrong info.

deangelo wrote:
Just having random bsod's and its not alot just here and there running my memory in xmp mode and wondered if that was the issue or needing more power but probably got some wrong info.

Your DRAM voltage control is through your BIOS only and the info you got from the internet was incorrect. Your instability may be caused by other factors.
Your BSOD should create a dump file and located in the root directory with a .dmp extension. There should be a mini dump and full dump file.
You can read the file with bluescreenview however it will have to be analyzed. Very often caused by bad drivers so check for yellow triangles in Device Manager.
If there are any then delete the offending driver and get the latest from the manufacturers website.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

deangelo wrote:

Your memory overclock is probably unstable. Clear your CMOS and test your system at stock defaults.

deangelo
Level 7
If you click my name shows full list of specs and I'll try to upload the mini dump file.

deangelo wrote:
If you click my name shows full list of specs and I'll try to upload the mini dump file.

That Crash List.zip is a zipped up HTML and all gobledegook to me.
I can read .dmp files with Bluescreenview but the full dump file requires someone experienced in analyzing them.
Here is one site: http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=Analyze The site tells you how to prepare the files to submit for analysis.
More on what dump files are all about: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-analyze-memory-dump-dmp-file/

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

deangelo
Level 7