Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Hi joey.ken,

    As explained earlier, Thunderbolt 3 external graphics is based on Microsoft Hybrid Graphics technology, it will not be able to perform at its fullest under low settings. Please try to use maximum details with all effects on and AA max'd out, and preferred with higher resolution monitor such as WHQD or UHD to compare the difference with your notbeook inbuilt GPU.

    The new firmware with improved performance is in the middle of validation process, and should be release sometime soon.

    regards.

    Quote Originally Posted by joey.ken View Post
    This is my setting of hardware

    http://i.imgur.com/zntNU4j.jpg

    This is game FPS

    http://i.imgur.com/0zTgI0W.jpg

    This is someone same setting with GTX 1080

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75nOWxljlN8


    the game FPS difference is way too big...he 's cpu is i7 2700k

    and you can see TI83-based enclosures VS TI82-based enclosures the host-to-device (H2D) bandwidth

    http://imgur.com/DNn6Qyg

    http://imgur.com/yX7weHr

  2. #12
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi joey.ken,

    As explained earlier, Thunderbolt 3 external graphics is based on Microsoft Hybrid Graphics technology, it will not be able to perform at its fullest under low settings. Please try to use maximum details with all effects on and AA max'd out, and preferred with higher resolution monitor such as WHQD or UHD to compare the difference with your notbeook inbuilt GPU.

    The new firmware with improved performance is in the middle of validation process, and should be release sometime soon.

    regards.
    The point is,if u cant get 60FPS at 1080p with full setting max out how can u get full 60FPS in 2K or 4K resolution at same setting? i do have a Asus PG348Q monitor but need wait me home than test.....but i doubt the performance will boost to normal when i use PG348Q's 3440x1440 resolution

    And 1080Ti's performance should easy get 60FPS on The Witcher 3 or Rise of the Tomb raider with all setting max out
    Even GTX 1080 can do that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75nOWxljlN8&t=4s
    Last edited by joey.ken; 04-07-2017 at 03:45 AM.

  3. #13
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Hi joey.ken,

    The point is not getting more FPS on a higher resolution (as it obviously won't). Rather, this has to do with throwing more complex rendering jobs to a more powerful GPU to maximize the GPU utilization, where external GPU can really shine.

    The links you have provided are based on straight connection, which unfortunately works different to how hybrid graphics works, as there is a lot more handling involved in the hybrid. The more rendering load, the more the external GPU can do, which yield better results.

    Please kindly try testing the PG348Q with your notebook alone as well as your notebook + XG STATION 2 + GTX1080Ti combo at max settings and let us know if you can see a difference there.

    Many thanks.

    regards,

    Quote Originally Posted by joey.ken View Post
    The point is,if u cant get 60FPS at 1080p with full setting max out how can u get full 60FPS in 2K or 4K resolution at same setting? i do have a Asus PG348Q monitor but need wait me home than test.....but i doubt the performance will boost to normal when i use PG348Q's 3440x1440 resolution

    And 1080Ti's performance should easy get 60FPS on The Witcher 3 or Rise of the Tomb raider with all setting max out
    Even GTX 1080 can do that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75nOWxljlN8&t=4s

  4. #14
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    I wanted to update everyone that our product team is aware of this issue and are looking into it. I'll provide updates once receive back any updates that I can share.

    Edit: I want to clarify I only forwarded the information over to our product team but the issues are not confirmed or replicated, just that we're dealing with it.

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    90

    Is it true the XG Station 2's US release has been cancelled?
    MAIN RIG:
    Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 | Corsair Air 540 | Corsair H115i | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 256gb | 2x WD Black 4tb | Corsair HD series Fans x6 | Corsair Commander Pro

  6. #16
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    Is it true the XG Station 2's US release has been cancelled?
    Hi jmike,

    The launch schedule in US is unknown to us. Even with the link you have provided earlier was only about launch schedule still unconfirmed instead of saying it is cancelled.

    regards,

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    90

    I think you have me confused with someone else. I didn't provide a link just a friend mentioned it to me the day before I had posted that. The only info I could find was via google and it was just a single article.
    MAIN RIG:
    Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 | Corsair Air 540 | Corsair H115i | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 256gb | 2x WD Black 4tb | Corsair HD series Fans x6 | Corsair Commander Pro

  8. #18
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Hi jmike,

    Apologies. I was referring to this post: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...n-USA-WTF-Asus

    regards,

    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    I think you have me confused with someone else. I didn't provide a link just a friend mentioned it to me the day before I had posted that. The only info I could find was via google and it was just a single article.

  9. #19
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Hi joey.ken,

    Sorry for the wait, we have tested on a notebook with the following configuration:
    - Notebook CPU: Core-i7 7500U processor
    - Notebook Storage: SAMSUNG MZVLW512HMJP
    - GPU: STRIX-GTX1080Ti-O11G-GAMING in the XG STATION 2
    - GPU OC Profile used in GPUTweak II: Gaming Mode (Default)
    - XG STATION 2 Firmware version: v23
    - Nvidia Graphics Driver version: 378.78
    - Monitor: PQ321 UHD display via Displayport
    - In Game Settings: Ultra for everything, VSYNC OFF

    1920x1080: 60+
    2560x1440: 50 ~ 60
    3840x2160: 37 ~ 47

    Game Screen Shot for Full Screen Mode:
    2560x1440:
    http://i2.imgbus.com/doimg/4c0o7m4m9o0nfd0.jpg

    Game Screen Shot for Boarderless Window mode:
    1920x1080:
    http://i2.imgbus.com/doimg/7coemmbon96b024.jpg

    2560x1440:
    http://i3.imgbus.com/doimg/ec0o4mdm6odnb23.jpg

    3840x2160:
    http://i1.imgbus.com/doimg/3co5mmeonf383d1.jpg

    What Bahz mentioned is the release of the new firmware. It is currently under Intel approval, and will be released once it is digitally signed.
    With this update, you will expect up to 10% better performance, games engine dependent. Please stay tuned for our update.

    regards,


    Quote Originally Posted by joey.ken View Post
    The point is,if u cant get 60FPS at 1080p with full setting max out how can u get full 60FPS in 2K or 4K resolution at same setting? i do have a Asus PG348Q monitor but need wait me home than test.....but i doubt the performance will boost to normal when i use PG348Q's 3440x1440 resolution

    And 1080Ti's performance should easy get 60FPS on The Witcher 3 or Rise of the Tomb raider with all setting max out
    Even GTX 1080 can do that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75nOWxljlN8&t=4s
    Last edited by ASUS-OP; 04-12-2017 at 05:10 AM.

  10. #20
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi joey.ken,

    Sorry for the wait, we have tested on a notebook with the following configuration:
    - Notebook CPU: Core-i7 7500U processor
    - Notebook Storage: SAMSUNG MZVLW512HMJP
    - GPU: STRIX-GTX1080Ti-O11G-GAMING in the XG STATION 2
    - GPU OC Profile used in GPUTweak II: Gaming Mode (Default)
    - XG STATION 2 Firmware version: v23
    - Nvidia Graphics Driver version: 378.78
    - Monitor: PQ321 UHD display via Displayport
    - In Game Settings: Ultra for everything, VSYNC OFF

    1920x1080: 60+
    2560x1440: 50 ~ 60
    3840x2160: 37 ~ 47

    Game Screen Shot for Full Screen Mode:
    2560x1440:
    http://i2.imgbus.com/doimg/4c0o7m4m9o0nfd0.jpg

    Game Screen Shot for Boarderless Window mode:
    1920x1080:
    http://i2.imgbus.com/doimg/7coemmbon96b024.jpg

    2560x1440:
    http://i3.imgbus.com/doimg/ec0o4mdm6odnb23.jpg

    3840x2160:
    http://i1.imgbus.com/doimg/3co5mmeonf383d1.jpg

    What Bahz mentioned is the release of the new firmware. It is currently under Intel approval, and will be released once it is digitally signed.
    With this update, you will expect up to 10% better performance, games engine dependent. Please stay tuned for our update.

    regards,
    I go Kaer Morhen and take the photo at same place ,yes it can reach to 60FPS ,but when you go around Kaer Morhen the FPS is drop to about 45-

    50 most of time...in 1080p Ultra for everything, VSYNC OFF

    http://i.imgur.com/gGKqAuK.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/kK7o3Sj.jpg

    This problem really drive me crazy Orz.......i have no idea which part of my hardware go wrong

    i got the TB3 laptop with external monitor and all driver setup.................crying.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •