ROG Enthusiast Array

Spatha Side Button Binds that aren't number keys

So I got the Spatha since I picked guild wars 2 back up and liked the appeal of the larger side buttons.

The issue I have is that they aren't just mouse buttons and are binded to number keys. Which is annoying as all hell since I use the buttons as my push to talk buttons. Is there a way to make the side buttons just act as mouse buttons? Or do they have to be tied to a keyboard key or a particular function? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ROG Member Array rrrrramos PC Specs
    rrrrramos PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Code
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700K @ 4.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)16 GB Corsair Vengeance LED
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1070
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1128GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD
    Storage #2240GB Mushkin SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CasePhanteks P400S TGE
    Power SupplyNZXT HAL850
    Keyboard Razer Blackwindow
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Prisim v3
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS WIndows 10 Pro

My Spatha isn't connecting with my Armoury app right now so I can't give detailed instructions but if memory serves me correctly there should be a drop down box that lets you choose between binding them to keyboard buttons, mouse buttons, and a couple other options. I had mine set up to use the top two as forward and back buttons as the two to the direct left of left click were too far to comfortably reach for me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by rrrrramos View Post
    My Spatha isn't connecting with my Armoury app right now so I can't give detailed instructions but if memory serves me correctly there should be a drop down box that lets you choose between binding them to keyboard buttons, mouse buttons, and a couple other options. I had mine set up to use the top two as forward and back buttons as the two to the direct left of left click were too far to comfortably reach for me.
    Yea the two front buttons to the left of left click are in a bad spot IMHO as well. Idk why companies don't make gaming mice just have mouse buttons instead of tying them to the keyboard. For me I use the side button as my push to talk and if I happen to have a text box open it starts typing out the number. It is annoying. Thanks for the reply though!