cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new way to get past the 8 code

Demoniacstar
Level 9
so ive been tweaking this rig for awhile now .....
i have got pretty good at using these buttons ...
the retry or white button
the restart to bios or red button
the reset button the black button
and the red big start button

using these i do not ever have to reset bios.....or take out the bios battery....
k when you get the 8 code
press the retry button and immediately press and hold the big red start button when q codes start let go....boom back to booting......
if you get error code f9/0d after trying that..press the restart to bios button and immediately press and hold the big red start button till qcodes light up again then let go...
that should take you to bios....if not try reset button.....pressing the reset button before the error code can sometimes boot you into bios

hope this helps some of you ......i think this new way i found -- hit the big red button after a reset button works for me pretty dang good.....it beats shutting down psu every time to get past the 8 code.......
3 REPLIES 3

darkforce
Level 7
tried it dident work for me the code dont want to get way 😕 so its just a bios issu? just have to wait for a better one? or shud i just ship it back

did memtest nothing wrong cpu burner nothing wrong 😕

darkforce wrote:
tried it dident work for me the code dont want to get way 😕 so its just a bios issu? just have to wait for a better one? or shud i just ship it back

did memtest nothing wrong cpu burner nothing wrong 😕

just a bios issue ,.....i am pretty sure it will get worked out with time
i have noticed that bios version 0082 is alot harder to get back into bios after a failed oc attempt...it's is supposed to boot to bios after 3 faild boots but on the 4th boot it always seems to boot to windows now ....this trick for the 8 code still works for me but their are times i have to turn off psu for about 30 seconds or so turn it on then fiddle with these buttons again ....lol...and there's the weird occasion now when i have to hit the bios reset button .....which i never had to do with 1002 i could always get into the bios....

Will have to try this myself, but the only time I've seen 8 (with a non OC board, but running UnRaid, so an odd configuration with some definite stability issues) are coming off a cold boot. Without having tried THIS version of somewhat soft resetting I've found 8 to indicate EVERYTHING locked, the only way to get anything working being an actual PSU level power cut, after which things are fine.

For the record memtest is good, and beyond some well documented things with my OS have no stability issues.