cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270I Won't Get to BIOS Screen With Mydigitalssd BPX

CraziePanda
Level 7
I'm in the process of assembling my new computer. Everything in the BIOS is at default setting. Initially I only had the basic components connected in order to install Windows which are CPU, RAM and the nvme SSD on the front slot. The power button appears on when I press it, the CPU and chassis fan turned on and the monitor is hooked up to the board HDMI (also tried DP) port. The monitor did not get any signal from the computer. If I remove the nvme drive and install a SATA SSD instead then I would be able to get to the BIOS setting screen. Once I'm in this BIOS screen, if I try to plug the nvme back (have not tried the slot behind motherboard) the system would turn off.
At first I thought it might be a compatibility issue but MydigitalSSD told me the BPX nvme drive should work with Z270I motherboard. I have yet to hear back from Asus side.
So, am I missing something? Is there some setting that I need to adjust for the motherboard to accept the nvme drive?

System Info
CPU: Intel i7-7700k stock speed w/ Corsair H110i
GPU: Asus Dual OC GTX 1070 8GB stock speed (not connected at the moment; Board didn't turn on with this guy connected)
Motherboard: Asus Z270I ROG Strix Gaming w/BIOS version 0234
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @2400Mhz
Storage: MydigitalSSD BPX NVM-e 480GB
PSU: Seasonic x-650w Gold
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
When your NVMe SSD is installed and your system halts with no image on the monitor, do any of the Q-LEDs remain lit?

Chino wrote:
When your NVMe SSD is installed and your system halts with no image on the monitor, do any of the Q-LEDs remain lit?

I don't think any of the Q-LEDs was on. In any event I was able to get it to work. Somehow the original BIOS didn't accept the NVME SSD at all but after updating it to the latest BIOS it recognized it as "BPX". Everything is working now thanks.

CraziePanda wrote:
I don't think any of the Q-LEDs was on. In any event I was able to get it to work. Somehow the original BIOS didn't accept the NVME SSD at all but after updating it to the latest BIOS it recognized it as "BPX". Everything is working now thanks.

Sometimes Asus actually releases a BIOS update which is not buggy or faulty and helps the consumer in his quest for PC Nirvana.....