New ROGer Array

Need help uninstalling Asus software, Ccleaner isn't working

New build, and the bloom is fading. My previous mobo was an Asus, and I just tossed it for a Maximus 9. AI Suite 2, which was unused, is still with me. Can't uninstall, error messages, and it might have borked the AI Suite 3 installation.

The ASUS uninstall progs don't work, neither does Ccleaner. Even killing the processes in MSConfig still leaves me with error messages. Heck of a job ASUS. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Clean OS install?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

If you're coming from a complete motherboard upgrade, I would just do a fresh installation of Windows.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

There are Microsoft "Fix-Its" for certain Windows issues, including Windows Installer issues, along with running SFC /Scannow from an elevated (administrator) command prompt; though it sounds as if you may be chasing one issue to find another. As stated earlier, a clean install would be recommended. I had the motherboard in my G20CB ROG PC replaced with the exact same one, and it came back with random bluescreens. Wiped Windows 10 clean, and what do you know, not a single issue.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

New ROGer Array

I appreciate your responses, and I should say that, in my limited time here I've found this forum to be excellent.

Compared to a reinstall of Win10 I'm describing relatively minor annoyances. The system boots fast and reliably, other progs work ok. I was hoping to clean up and then get some functionality from some of the Asus software. I can go the fixit route and report back, but I'd welcome any other ideas.

After looking around a bit more, I found that you need to shut AI Suite II down via the Task Scheduler.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1139980/h...e-from-startup
    Last edited by omnipheasant; 04-10-2017 at 11:36 PM.