cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloop can't turn on

koxlufa
Level 7
Hi my life savers please can you give me some help to this problem

for a week i've had on my motherboard the A2 error , i've unplugged everything from the board it was still giving me this error. I've clear the bios did all kind of stuff which i might see from my eye. After a week of this problem my computer start to bootloop on the ROG picture and completely freeze, when i turn off and turn on the pc for like 400times after the 450times( occassionally it will open me a bios menu where I can run my windows but that;s still not a fix when i can't turn my pc for like 4 days now like that.. any solutions guys ?
8 REPLIES 8

CODE_MAXIMUS
Level 11
Is that setup running raid 0, if so try a different storage device. A0 is IDE initialization is started, what storage configuration are you using? Need more info on your system.

ill write u all specs in couple hours , as i mentioned i had same problem when i plug out all hardware(hdd) and devices

koxlufa wrote:
ill write u all specs in couple hours , as i mentioned i had same problem when i plug out all hardware(hdd) and devices

Sorry A2, sounds like faulty storage reverting back to IDE. A2 is IDE detection. I've had that happen with older Intel SSD's (2012) running in Raid 0 array, it's definately a storage issue. Yea anytime posting issues we need all the info on your system configuration and what you did last before issue started.

CODE MAXIMUS wrote:
Sorry A2, sounds like faulty storage reverting back to IDE. A2 is IDE detection. I've had that happen with older Intel SSD's (2012) running in Raid 0 array, it's definately a storage issue. Yea anytime posting issues we need all the info on your system configuration and what you did last before issue started.

any fixes ?;D

Sorry for late response, I just now see it. Only suggestion I have is to secure erase (permanently wipe device ** all data will be lost **) one of your SSD's and try to reinstall OS only on that drive, if that resolves the issue then you know it was from your previous custom install.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
You might try looking at your drive's smart data t see if any errors or health warnings are showing.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

i had a windws on it with all my data , when i did the new installation i kept everything and format only the partition with the OS ? that's the only thing which i have done with the disks i remember while doing the instalation windows installer shout out some windows about the harddrive drives or something but i've just skip it... maybe this may cause the problem ?

i7

crucial_CT256mx100ssd(windows)
sandisk sdssdx120gg25
650W Corsair CS650M
i7 4790K + H80i Cooler
corsair vengeance

Nate152
Hi koxlufa

When installing windows only have the ssd connected you're installing windows to, after windows installs then connect your other drive(s).

Before installing windows disable CSM (for windows 10) and set secure boot to "Other Os", be sure you're doing a UEFI install.

Another thing to try is to update/reflash the bios.