cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS Yellowish screen

MEZesUBI
Level 7
Hey everyone!
I just bought my new GL502VS and I could observe right on first boot after setting it up, that it had a general yellowish tint. Like a warmer color palette applied to the screen by a third party program.
I uninstalled Splendid Video Enhancer, but this took no effect. So installing it back and leaving it on normal settings was a clean thing.
I was advised by Asus support that I should calibrate screen colors by Windows 10's calibration tool. I was like -Nuh, not gonna waste time with fine tuning-
I messed up with Nvidia Control Panel colors and got a pretty decent color palette... yet I wonder....
I observed when I turn on the Laptop and log into my user I get the clear, cool, blueish white colors. Then out of sudden a yellow tint applies itself. Still not the early original yellow I had, as I did my color settings in Nvidia CP, yet the fact that I should have the normal colors on clean boot clearly appeals to the fact that this is a third party program interference and not a hardware issue.
If anyone has any knowledge about such thing and/or could help me to achieve the true clean cool colors the display should have, I'd be grateful!
2 REPLIES 2

Bahz
Level 12
Like hearing sound with our ears, using our eyes to gauge what are true colors is not very accurate. To be honest the most accurate white is actually a little yellowish looking, I've seen this on many high-end graphic design monitors. If you feel the colors are off, it's best to try the Display Color Calibration Tool in Windows and see if that helps. There's a slight chance that you may have got a defective unit but good to test everything first before going with the RMA route.

Bahz wrote:
Like hearing sound with our ears, using our eyes to gauge what are true colors is not very accurate. To be honest the most accurate white is actually a little yellowish looking, I've seen this on many high-end graphic design monitors. If you feel the colors are off, it's best to try the Display Color Calibration Tool in Windows and see if that helps. There's a slight chance that you may have got a defective unit but good to test everything first before going with the RMA route.

I do not see a reason to RMA my machine as I said, that I could see the sought colors for a slight moment after login... Logically thinking it has to be a start-up program, I just do not know which one, and I'm not really comfy touching the services in msconfig.
It would be a shame if I had to find the solution for the problem hands-on, yet I would share it with anyone having similar issue.