Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

2010 Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Amenophis View Post
    My BIOS is ok. I was asking a question for a hypothetical situation. As to the fans spinning up a little bit every couple minutes, I have used compressed air and an ever so slight bit of dust came out but not much. Is it normal for fans on a laptop such as this to spin up like this? It's not a serious revving up but enough to be noticed. Further instruction will be so much appreciated. Thanks.
    If they're only revving up a little every now and then, then yes, it's 100% normal. If you're concerned there may be a deeper problem, install a temperature monitoring program such as SpeedFan. There are a few good ones for free on the internet, just ask around. Use one of the programs to check your CPU/GPU temperatures and see if anything is getting hotter than normal when the fans speed up. If they speed up when the temps spike, but that causes the temps to fall again and they slow back down, then they are working exactly as they are intended to be. If this is what's happening but you still want to stop it, try re-pasting your cpu and gpu with quality thermal compound such as ArcticSilver 5

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Amenophis's Avatar

Did I offend anybody? The question still remains, why does my fans spin up every couple of minutes?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Amenophis View Post
    Did I offend anybody? The question still remains, why does my fans spin up every couple of minutes?
    Refer to my last post please. If they only speed up every now and then, and not to 100% speed, it's probably normal. Install a temperature monitoring program and see if component temperatures rise before they speed up, and begin to fall after they're sped up, finally followed by cool temps and the fans return to 'normal.' This would be 100% as designed and expected. If you dont like this behavior, repaste your CPU/GPU with quality thermal compound. It will make your system run cooler than the day you bought it. If you do that, take advantage of having the system apart and clean your fans and heatsinks out really well. Note that taking apart your system will void your warranty, so if the temperatures aren't critically high and they behave as I described above, then you should probably just leave well enough alone. I hope this helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2